Mark of the Ninja $3.75 Amazon.com

I'll just pitch in that Mark of the Ninja is a wonderful and original platformer that is well worth the money. Platformers are almost universally jump around and kill stuff, but not here. Great graphics too.

Great price on a great stealth side-scroller. Been waiting for a sale on this after dabbling in it at a friend's house.

Slickdeals also posted a bunch a other games on sale, but Mark of the Ninja is the highlight and made a lot of Game of the Year lists.

Wow. Thanks Coco for the heads up. I checked out the Slickdeals thread and ended up buying the microsoft pack of 5 games. Been wanting to play Mark of the Ninja and Deadlight for a while now... Couldnt justify spending $7.49 or $13.49 for them when they were on sale with my massive backlog. This is probably the lowest they'll be in my opinion.

Huh. You're welcome, but dagnabit I didn't realize Deadlight had such solid buzz behind it till u mentioned it (confirmed by checking some gaming forums). Had I known, I'd prolly picked up the package deal, too! :eek:

Ah we'll, I'm happy just to get such a sweet deal on MotNinja. Thanks OP/slickdeals!

Edit: nice ill' gameplay vid of Deadlight here.

Last edited:
I bit on that MS bundle, amazing games that would look great in my massive backlog of steam games to play.

Mark of the Ninja is an awesome and very fun game. I paid full price and feel it was worth it. Very, very fun game.

I enjoyed Deadlight, but it wasn't nearly as good as Mark of the Ninja... the story was meh and I didn't care for the ending.

You guys make this sound really fun to play, makes me want to give it a try, especially at such a low price. To be honest I'm not a gamer at all but this game sounds like it might hold my attention with a great story. I'd like to give it a try but...

Activates on steam

I'm sorry I have to ask, how does steam work and do I have to have it to play this game?

Astonishing deal. I wanted Deadlight, but didn't think the $7.49 price was cheap enough during the steam sale. $5 for it and motn and a few others is awesome.

I'm sorry I have to ask, how does steam work and do I have to have it to play this game?

It sounds like you would need it to play a game.

Steam is an all in one DRM/Portal/Gaming community. Some people hate it, most people love it.

First head over to www.steampowered.com and download steam and install it. It will give you a storefront and a library of all the games you purchased from steam. Then you buy the game and use steam to activate the code you got. Once activated, the game will download and you can play it.

Awesome freaking deal on that MS pack guys...bought, thanks!! Deadlight and Mark of the Ninja were on my Steam wishlist anyway but I didn't bite on them during the Christmas sale due to my backlog. I've heard good things about ITSP, and Toy Soldiers wasn't even on my radar but it looks like it could be a lot of fun too. Thanks again.

OP thank you for posting about this deal. I wouldn't have seen it without you :). I bought MotN for $3.75, an incredible price IMO.

Never mind, I figured out how to get the CD key. When download the Amazon Game Downloader and it tells you the key.

Last edited:
I love amazon. In 4 1 MS bundle. Had a 5.00 promo code from something! So epic win.

Thanks to this thread, I picked this up last night. Its actually a great game. Had it on my list of games to buy. Thanks OP for saving me some money. :D

Couldn't resist any longer, nabbed the 5-pack from Amazon. Backlog grows yet again. :D

I just fired up this game for the first time and... wow. The menu buttons still have A, B, and RT as descriptors, as if this is an Xbox 360 game. Also when you are trying to adjust the optinos, you have to press arrows to change the option. The hitboxes for the arrows are microscopically small, you have to click all over it until you find the hitbox.

They treat the PC like it's an afterthought :mad: :(. I don't regret buying this game for something minor like this but just thought I'd mention it.

although I agree that devs do threat the pc like a second class citizen, it does not bother me in mark of the ninja. The menus did not get in my way (unlike far cry 3).

The xbox buttons are there if you want to use a controller, which, although I did not use in mark of the ninja, it would have made the game better. This is one of those games where a controller is good for.

In the end, I am just glad that the PC is getting awesome games like this that could have just stayed on xbox live.

Yes, r3awak3n is right, the controls only show up if you are using a controller. It turns out that I had a PlayStation to PC adapter so I can use a DualShock 2. Once I unplugged the controller the PC controls show up fine. And one of the things I really appreciate is that if you change the hotkeys, it tells you the new hotkey. Some games only show the default hotkey instead of the one you mapped.

So mea culpa everyone, and this game is fun! :)

I bought it through this deal, and I'll be damned... I'm having a blast. I thought it'd be fun but this is alot more than I was expecting.

I bought it through this deal, and I'll be damned... I'm having a blast. I thought it'd be fun but this is alot more than I was expecting.

Agreed. Without giving anything away, there are many ways to kill your enemies. You can even kill them while dangling from a platform like a spider. Try it and you'll see. It's even better when there are multiple guards around.

Hah, yea. I do that as often as I can.

One weird thing that annoyed me is that some of those enemies at the end.... they trigger alarms... even though they technically shouldn't.

Back