MaLDoHD 4.0 for Cysis 2

firas

2[H]4U
http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/10/10/pretty-up-crysis-2-with-this-mega-texture-enhancement-pack/

Capture091.jpg

You’ll note that there’s more going on than just better textures. Here you can change the values for the antialiasing, the LOD, Depth of Field, shadow blur, view distance, as well as toggling parallax mapping, water and object tessellation, real time reflections, SSDO, shadow effects, and a few misc options. The bottom right slider allows you to globally enhance all these settings...

Capture092.jpg

Capture093475.jpg

download and instructions

Looks slick, I'll give it a try.

I keep wanting to play this game but I have a bug at a certain point that prevents me from proceeding. I've even tried started a save or two back but it's fucked up. :mad:.

Cool. Need this as I uninstalled until this was released. Could not get the early version to work right.

I think for minor things like keypads and stuff, you are sacrificing a lot of performance for things you'll never notice (VRAM). Geometry textures are what you really notice. Does this improve them as well?

I think for minor things like keypads and stuff, you are sacrificing a lot of performance for things you'll never notice (VRAM). Geometry textures are what you really notice. Does this improve them as well?

If you have plenty of VRAM to spare, why not? Looks pretty nice.

it literally replaces / edits nearly every single texture in the entire game.

Does it help with the flashing textures and artifacts that I've seen with every hardware combo that I've played this game with?

Does it help with the flashing textures and artifacts that I've seen with every hardware combo that I've played this game with?

I've never seen any flashing stuff on my 6970's, 7970's or 560 Ti... And that was without this mod, and still no flashing on the 7970 with this mod. What kinda flashing textures are you talking about? Do you have YT video link example?

I've never seen any flashing stuff on my 6970's, 7970's or 560 Ti... And that was without this mod, and still no flashing on the 7970 with this mod. What kinda flashing textures are you talking about? Do you have YT video link example?

I've seen quite a few people complain about flashing textures off in the distance sort of like in Rage. Its a common issue. I've seen it with GTX570, 480 sli, 670, and 7950. A P67 motherboard, a z77 motherboard, a i5 2500k, an i7 2600k, and an i5 3570k. Its a very common issue, I had assumed it to be a universal issue with the DX11 patch.

jesus, that looks good. guess i should install this and attempt to finish the remaining 60% of the game i never bothered with.

Vram won't drop your fps much if you have plenty. It changes lots of very large, prominent textures and tessellation.

Mostly, yes. There are still a couple but it is much, much better than it was.

Nice, I kept Crysis 2 installed even though I only played an hour it. Time to give this a try.

How does it run on your 680? Enough VRAM?

The system in my sig (GTX 580) handles the game beautifully at max settings @ 1080p. By max settings I do mean settings maxed out using the actual MaLDoHD configuration tool too. I don't think AA is maxed, but it doesn't have to be.

I do however recommend installing the official HD texture pack too...MaLDoHD looks amazing but they have missed a few rather obvious textures that the official HD pack fixes up (some rocks, brick, grass type textures).

Other than that the game looks amazing. It actually looks like what it should have looked like from the beginning!

How does it run on your 680? Enough VRAM?

I'm not too far in the game yet but it's staying around 1.725GB at 1920x1200. FPS is generally good if you aren't someone who needs a constant 60FPS. Settings are maxed but with ultra SMAA on.

Anyone having an issue with this mod corrupting saved games? I can't seem to play this game and quit without my save being corrupted or the level loading with everything messed up. Yes, I have tried a new game and what not...the game still messes up!

Honestly, unless I DON'T quit and just play the game in one sitting, the game is completely FUBAR.

Looks pretty though...its just unplayable...

Wow, were the original textures really that bad? If so, that's terrible. My 470 probably won't be able to handle the highest texture detail though (think it only has 1320MB.)

Anyone having an issue with this mod corrupting saved games? I can't seem to play this game and quit without my save being corrupted or the level loading with everything messed up. Yes, I have tried a new game and what not...the game still messes up!

Honestly, unless I DON'T quit and just play the game in one sitting, the game is completely FUBAR.

Looks pretty though...its just unplayable...

from the mod page

When you play the mod for the first time, you must start a new campaign or restart a level. Savegames from original levels checkpoints DON'T WORK. It's because this mod uses updated versions of maps and savegames have map info inside that don't match with the updated versions. Using old checkpoints from original maps in updated maps produces invisible objects and broken gameplay, so you can't resume your old campaign checkpoint. Start new campaign to play whole game or use Mod campaign menu for map selection. If you want reset your nanopoints, create a new profile.

I only used map selection from the mod campaign to jump around missions.

this is a good tool I used to disable the FOV change when sprinting

Capture100053.jpg

http://wasdie.blogspot.com/2012/10/crysis-2-advanced-graphics-options.html

*Running with MaLDoHD*
Since this is probably the most popular mod for Crysis 2 I did some quick testing to figure out how to run with the Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Options program.
1. Install MaLDoHD
2. Run the MaLDoHD Config Utility
3. Run the Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Options program
4. Set all general settings in the Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Option Program to Extreme or Ultra and then press "Save Config".
5. Start Crysis 2 through MaLDoHD's config utility or through Steam (or whatever shortcut you use to start MaLDoHD) Do not use the Crysis 2 Advanced Graphics Options program to start Crysis 2 yet.

edit: and I just found this :eek:
http://www.crydev.net/viewtopic.php?f=308&t=71027

I can't believe a game that can do all this only had 3 graphic options (pre-sets: High Very High and Extreme) when it was released. and the PC version had "press start to begin" with DX9 only and a broken server browser.

Last edited:
I'm not too far in the game yet but it's staying around 1.725GB at 1920x1200. FPS is generally good if you aren't someone who needs a constant 60FPS. Settings are maxed but with ultra SMAA on.

How did you get SMAA working? SMAA injector never worked with this game for me.

Just started playing this...Pretty amazing textures, brings the game to a whole new level. It seems like it even runs way better on max Ultra settings. I think he fixed some of those weird tessellation issues with the original maps?

Hmm, I'm towards the end of the game but after a cutscene my screen is black (if I hit escape it gives the menu screen but only with the overlay graphic and the little profile section). I tried different graphical settings but they didn't help. I suppose I'll try window mode but I don't expect that to help any either. :(

Besides that, Crysis 2 + this mod is very enjoyable.

Thanks, I wasn't aware of this package... grabbing it now :).

It proves that developers can obtain so much more with a little extra work. They seem to rely too much on the shader techniques to give depth/etc to crappy textures over having great textures that are complimented by shader mechanics.

It proves that developers can obtain so much more with a little extra work. They seem to rely too much on the shader techniques to give depth/etc to crappy textures over having great textures that are complimented by shader mechanics.

Oh, definitely... the thing is, a business is all about return on investment. It would take extra money to hire people competent enough to perform this work right the first time, and many devs simply don't even know they're doing it "wrong". Other times it's done just to get it done quick, and ship on time (again, return on investment... they figure most people won't notice, though I'd argue that point as a dev myself!). I'd say overall it is generally just due to production time and the need for expediency. A lot of artists do rely too much on shader techniques to cover up flaws in their work, and don't set standards amongst the team for style/quality/etc. and stick to them though. You have, of course, seen the results.

One team as a player I have to applaud was/is the team that worked on Rift, where the art was consistently high quality and stylized to fit with itself, all the way through the Ember Isle time period when I quit. As a player, it can be very jarring to see inconsistent quality and it just rips you out of the experience of the game by showing something obviously "wrong" and out of place. I've seen both studios large and small goof these types of things. I'd have to give a major thumbs-down to (yeah, I know it's an MMO too but it came to mind) the SWTOR art team, which had numerous flaws ranging from inconsistent quality and scaling, wrong faction reflections on floors (a prime example being Imperial flags showing in the floor reflection on the Republic fleet base, horrifically over-stretched textures on parts of terrain next to ones that were scaled well, etc.

Back