make your own pad

onefatguy

Weaksauce
list of stuff you need
rubber/foam pad 1.00 -------the ones i found are either 2mm or 3 mm thick
flex glue 3.99-enough to make 5-8 12in x 18in mouse pads
cloth 2.99 - enough to make 2 12inx 18in mouse pads

now the cloth is a big deal..if you pick out thin cloth the glue will blead through and it will look like crap. If it is too thick it will feal wierd and will annoy you after 10 minuts of gaming. Two that i found work well are black denim and microfiber...the microfiber might bother some people but it doesent bother me.

this is the cost
DSC09998.jpg

I have found that this glue works fairly good http://i1064.photobucket.com/albums/u364/onefatguy/DSC09992.jpg

ok step one apply glue
DSC09993.jpg

step two spread with brush if you end up with big globbs smooth them out IT WILL BLEAD THROUGH
DSC09994.jpg

step three apply cloth and smooth out with your hand ----remember if it dries lumpy it will feal lumpy when you go to use it------
DSC09996.jpg

step 4 let dry over night
DSC09995.jpg

step 5 trim to shape and size

i will also do some looking around to find larger pieces of foam/rubber pading---i eventually want to make my dest top into one huge mousepad :)

Last edited:
Why so big? Turn up mouse acceleration!! I use maybe half of my Ratpad XT surface area with a G5 mouse.

Why so big? Turn up mouse acceleration!! I use maybe half of my Ratpad XT surface area with a G5 mouse.

Because lower sensitivity gives you better precision for head shots in FPS games. All the quake and CS guys use from 400-500 dpi, and use 15x17 mouse pads.

Typically when you see giant mousepad, you can assume fps gamer.

Because lower sensitivity gives you better precision for head shots in FPS games. All the quake and CS guys use from 400-500 dpi, and use 15x17 mouse pads.

I have always been the complete opposite, I like smaller mousepads with higher sensitivity for quicker run and gunning. I am not a patient FPS gamer (I blame quake, UT and Tribes). I hate having to lift my mouse to do a 180.

I have decided im going to make 3 or 4 of difrent types (cloth im going to use) and i want to send you guys to test out....not selling any thing just would love some real world opinions. I can pay for shipping for 1 or 2 but im broke so if a bunch of you want one i might need help with the shipping

3M Spray adhesive would work better. Lays down smoothly and is very flexible. I might just head out to Hobby Lobby sometime soon and make my own. I never thought of making my own mouse pad. Believe it or not, I wore out my IceMat.

3M Spray adhesive would work better. Lays down smoothly and is very flexible. I might just head out to Hobby Lobby sometime soon and make my own. I never thought of making my own mouse pad. Believe it or not, I wore out my IceMat.

I tried that once before and i had alot of "bleed through" but i probably used too much.... i will try it again ty for the heads up

Not always true there is no single way of doing anything. The higher the DPI the faster your turning speed making you more mobile, especially in tight corridors. Also, there are no bodyzones in quake. :p

I used to be so crazy into FPS. I had to have the biggest pad I could get with a smooth, ratpad type top with the occasional Teflon tape for mouse feet (cuz I run them into the ground). Then I'd play, take notes when I'd under and overshoot targets, make some adjustments with the mouse settings and continue this mind fuck until I felt I got it right---for that day. I literally used ratio/proportion to figure out some of my issues so I'd be dead on when I'm shooting in the air, from the air or what have you.

UT2003/2004 Instagib was my game and it's the only game I've ever won anything from. Quite addicting.

This is some cool info, is there a specific cloth I'd have get?

any artsy fartsy store will have it just walk through and see what feels good on your hand.
when you buy it make sure its at least an inch larger than the area your trying to glue it to :)

any artsy fartsy store will have it just walk through and see what feels good on your hand.
when you buy it make sure its at least an inch larger than the area your trying to glue it to :)

Thanks, I'll have to take a trip to the hobby shop :).

Hummm gave me an idea not for ouse pad but more so reskin my desk ahahha after i messed up its surface LOL

Back