Major dual display problem

Okay so I posted a thread earlier about how I was considering buying a second monitor, and today I did. I got a Samsung 2494HM 24 inch to add on to my 226bw. But there's an issue. I plugged it in and everything worked right off the bat. I was able to extend my desktop, correctly assign which one was the main one, etc. However, the two monitors have different brightness/contrast/etc settings. And for whatever reason, I cannot adjust either one. The monitor settings menu does not let me adjust them, it just says "unavailable". It does the same on both displays. So the 24inch is stuck on 100% brightness, and the other one is on 70%, which is what I want. Installing drivers did nothing. Uninstalling drivers did nothing. Is this some kind of hardware issue, since the monitors built in firmware or whatever is malfunctioning? But in that case, why would it affect my original monitor which I know for a fact works perfectly? Please help me out guys!

EDIT: the other thing that's wierd...Both settings show that they have the same levels of brightness/contrast, however one is clearly at 100% and the other is at 70%. Neither one is adjustable.

Last edited:
Okay, I'm a retard, completely disregard that post. But I do have another issue...making the monitors look similar. From what I see it appears to be impossible. My old 22 inch looks really messed up. Even at full brightness, the colors look really dull, almost as if it has a horrible yellow tint to everything. The two displays settings are exactly the same with the exception of brightness. To get even brightness, the 22inch is at 100% and the 24 is at 50%....and still the 22 inch looks way too dim. Any thoughts on this?

Turn the contrast up on the monitor.

this, along with setting RGB settings by hand

the far less "make you insane" option would be to buy a calibration setup, but thats about $200

I'd just go for getting them "close" (as in, close enough that you don't notice it if you don't think about it or focus too much on it)

Back