Mafia 2 wont run smoothly

Uncle Humjaba

Limp Gawd
So been playing through Mafia II and I seem to be capped at 20fps. I know this game is pretty, but this seems a bit ridiculous. I lowered the resolution and that changes nothing. All settings are on high with AA and Physx Off, though changing those settings doesnt seem to make a difference. Even the menu runs at 22fps and the mouse is sluggish. Any ideas?

I ran the benchmark and averaged 18.7fps. I run the benchmark on the "Low" setting preset and I get even worse framerates (about 13fps). It makes no sense.

I have the latest nVidia and physx drivers. 3GHz Q6600, 4gb ram, GeForce GTX260 and Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Try these things

1) Uninstall your PhysX driver, then reinstall the PhysX driver in your Mafia 2 folder. Look for the folder titled 3rd. You have the latest driver, but do this anyhow.

2) Find the Cloth folder in your Mafia 2 folder and delete all files except ClothRemapTable and m2skeleton.ms

Is anti-aliasing enabled? I think PhysX enabled slows it down as well. I am running it on 460gtx and it runs pretty smooth.

Back