Macbook Pro Unibody Overclock

equinox654

Gawd
Hey guys, I just traded my desktop to a guy on craigslist for a 6month old unibody macbook pro.

So far... I love it.

I installed windows 7 and a 500gb hard drive today. I downloaded the nvidia system tools and overclocked it from 2.4ghz to 2.8. 2.9 would freeze in games.
I got the 9600gt to 575core 1200memory 1350 shader. It would do more but started stuttering above 600core.

As far as heat goes... Install smcfancontrol in osx and force the fans to max and reboot into windows and they will stay maxed.

Last edited:
Wow didn't realize you could OC macbooks........How's the heat from that thing? Mine hits 80C playing games.

Like I said, I maxed the fans in osx and they remain at full rpm after rebooting into windows. I didnt get a chance to check temps, but the casing only got warm on the left side.

It was definately cooler than stock settings with the fan doing its own thing

Last edited:
I OC'd my Beige G3 333 Tower with a pencil in 1999 to 450Mhz.... not that that has to do with anything. ;)

I have tried to overclock the 9400M in my Macbook however I cant seem to find a program that can do it. Anyone know of one? I realize its not a discrete chip so it may not be possible.

just lately ive been seeing macbook pros with 17' screens and 8gigs of ram with 2.66 cpus,wow can this thing move!
i hope to order a new one for about 4grand from apple with the big screen 8 gigs ram,im hoping i can get the i7 920...?
im sure i will be spending 5 grand for this im very impressed....i want to run w7 64
can you hot rod them like desktops not a lot but a little?

Back