M.2 trouble

ralphie1313

Limp Gawd
Ok so i have 2 m.2 drives in stalled one is from my old machine that was a ddr4 set up i had it for years. The second one is from my machine now ddr5 setup clean install. Ok so the ddr5 is in slot one and the ddr4 in slot 2 when i make the ddr5 m.2 drive the first boot option and i go into my computer it does not see the second drive so i go into disk management the second drive was listed as disk 2 partition 3. So i switched the boot order in bios to start up with the old drive first ddr4 m.2 and i go into my computer it sees the ddr5 drive as drive e anyone know why the other way around the ddr5 does not see the old drive as drive e instead of disk 2 partition 3?

Last edited:
again, this could have stayed in one of your multiple other threads. you had it working, stop fucking with it.
Do you mean PCIe4 & PCIe5, not DDR4 and DDR5?
no ddr4 and ddr5 i am referring to the chipset i was trying to show the diff in drive that the old one was from my old rig which was a ddr4 setup so like this drive has diff drivers and so on, cause there more to my problem but figured i would see if we solve this first why when the ddr4 drive is the lead drive it sees the other drives and when the ddr5 drive is the lead it will not recognize the older ddr4 one..

again, this could have stayed in one of your multiple other threads. you had it working, stop fucking with it.
I could not use a past forum i guess u not reading some of the replys so they like finished and like had enough answering, but i started a new one on this cause even though u might think its the same its not i have alot more to add to this problem but i did not want to ask it all at once so i figure i see if we solve that first cause then if it gets solved it might fix the second half of my problem.... plus i noticed on this site like if its an older post and you use it again people that allready helped don't like to come back in, they are more likely to read a new one.

and i go into my computer it does not see the second drive so i go into disk management the second drive was listed as disk 2
Not sure if I understand fully your issue, but is it (I assume windows) perfectly see all you drive you need in disk management, just not in your computer.

This is what a quick bingChat when told :
I see the drive in the disk management utility but not on My Computer

Answer:
If you see the drive in the disk management utility but not on My Computer, it may be because the drive does not have a drive letter assigned or the drive letter is conflicting with another device. To fix this, you can try the following steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Disk Management.
  • Locate the drive that is not showing up on My Computer and right-click it.
  • Select Change Drive Letter and Paths from the context menu.
  • Click Add if there is no drive letter assigned, or Change if there is one.
  • Choose a drive letter from the drop-down list that is not used by another device and click OK.
  • Close the disk management utility and check if the drive appears on My Computer.

again, this could have stayed in one of your multiple other threads. you had it working, stop fucking with i

Not sure if I understand fully your issue, but is it (I assume windows) perfectly see all you drive you need in disk management, just not in your computer.

This is what a quick bingChat when told :
I see the drive in the disk management utility but not on My Computer

Answer:
If you see the drive in the disk management utility but not on My Computer, it may be because the drive does not have a drive letter assigned or the drive letter is conflicting with another device. To fix this, you can try the following steps:

• Right-click the Start button and select Disk Management.
  • Locate the drive that is not showing up on My Computer and right-click it.
  • Select Change Drive Letter and Paths from the context menu.
  • Click Add if there is no drive letter assigned, or Change if there is one.
  • Choose a drive letter from the drop-down list that is not used by another device and click OK.
  • Close the disk management utility and check if the drive appears on My Computer.
Yes that is what i was asking and will do that, i just did not understand why when i booted from the old drive and the new drive was 2nd it seen it in my computer, but then when i reversed it and booted from the new drive and the old one as the 2nd drive it would not see it in my computer, and in disk mang. it only came up as a partition, thats what was throwing me off...

Back