M.2 SSD or 780 Ti GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zorn

Limp Gawd
I'm getting a 4770k via the Intel deal, and was wondering what the best upgrade to make would be. Right now I'm running the Crucial M4 SSD from 2011, I'm thinking of getting the Samsung EVO since I have some gift cards to BBY. I read the review on Anandtech for the XP941 M.2 SSD, and it seems to be very fast. Wondering if it's worth getting the XP941 for about $300, or the EVO for almost no cost. Would it be a very noticeable difference?

Also the other thing I'm considering is selling my Radeon 7990 and getting a 780 Ti. I want to be able to do hackintosh with my new build, and I've read that the dual GPU cards are not well suited for that. Would a 780 Ti be a better choice overall? I'm running at 3440x1440, so not sure the 6GB of RAM on the 7990 really comes into play. Any thoughts?

You probably won't notice any difference at all between SSDs.

The 6GB RAM on your 7990 is really 2x3GB. You really only have 3GB to work with.

Personally I would spend money on a video card instead of a different SSD.

I would also see if i could get the card to work before going out and spending money on another video card.

Also note that the 780ti is a sidegrade from the 7990 they are nearly equal performance wise.

I would suggest just ditching the hackintosh idea unless there is some real reason you want to go that route.

You should just stick with the crucial M4, the other ssds will bench higher but it probably won't make any difference in your usage.

I would just take those extra funds and get the 4930k in the intel deal instead if i were you.

Also note that the 780ti is a sidegrade from the 7990 they are nearly equal performance wise.

I would suggest just ditching the hackintosh idea unless there is some real reason you want to go that route.

You should just stick with the crucial M4, the other ssds will bench higher but it probably won't make any difference in your usage.

I would just take those extra funds and get the 4930k in the intel deal instead if i were you.

The reason I chose the 4770k is to get on Z97 for better hackintosh compatibility, cost isn't the main factor. The reason I want to go that route is I really like OS X but don't want to spend $4000 on a Mac Pro that has terrible GPUs for gaming purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back