LUT-based profile ignored by some apps

Geolith

Limp Gawd
First of all, I'd like to apologize for starting a soft-related thread in a [H]ard category, but it's closely related to display calibration and I have more chances to get the attention of the "fathers of color management" here, in Displays category.

Using Argyll CMS/dispcalGUI, I have created a LUT-based profile with swapped matrix. As you know, swapped matrix deliberately swaps RGB to BRG in order to detect if an application uses wrong matrix. Now I ended up with two opposite camps of applications -- one using the correct matrix, the other ignoring it.

The "good" camp:

Photoshop
Paint
Microsoft Office
Internet Explorer (strangely enough)
Games
Screensavers
Windows Media Center
QuickTime PictureViewer
Google Chrome
... and loads of others.

The "bad" camp:

Windows Photo Viewer
Firefox (???!?!)

It appears that the "ignorant" programs are a lot less in number. Unfortunately, they are among the most needed ones. So, what is it? I understand that Windows Photo Viewer may have some sort of screwed color management, but Firefox??

Is there any way to win those programs over to the good camp?

Additional note: My OS is Windows 7.

Additional info:

Windows Photo Viewer treats images with embedded ICC profiles and profile-stripped images the same way.

Firefox displays profile-stripped images correctly, but images with embedded ICC profiles are displayed with wrong colors.

Most confusing thing about Firefox is that when I upload a profile-embedded image to, say, imageshack.us, it shows the thumbnails correctly, but when I click "view full image", the image is rendered incorrectly.

Back