Lower voltage on 750ti

I toyed with this before with Afterburner and from what I remember it resets the voltage after sleep and every boot. But the negative offset works aside from the hassle of having to reset it after every time your PC sleeps - and I also think you need to do it in large increments for it to "stick". This was several releases ago when I tried it, though, and it wasn't with a 750ti - it was with a GTX 680.

You can also check the MSI afterburner forum at guru3d, the developer posts there (he also created precision, FYI) and you could probably get some better insight on this.

The setting doesn't stick even if I set it as low as it can go.

I don't think it's a voltage lock issue since I can increase the voltages just fine in afterburner. I will give unofficial overclocking a shot though.

I have a feeling i'll just be waiting on a newer version of afterburner for a bit. Thanks for the suggestions :)

You could try doing it the roundabout way of setting a very high overclock with a very low power limit.

that defeats purpose of lowering voltage to reduce power used I assume was the point of OP asking the question. Voltage locked can be both ways kind of as for performance reasons maybe Nvidia put a hard lock on the voltage needs to be x at certain load states or it wouldn`t work or would have bad performance in so doing. The design they have put forth for the 600-700 and now we will call it 800 series is quite advanced really for the boost, power saving and such. It could just be that heavy calibrated to not go below x cause it cannot, or possibly AB doesn't fully support them yet. To me the % of voltage up or % of clock speed gain is fubared no matter if its AMD or Nvidia that does it, absolute #'s are much easier to understand :)

FWIW, doing what I stated does lower voltage on my GTX770. The high overclock pushes it into a lower voltage bracket at idle, and it's constantly throttled to a lower than stock voltage under load. Not very exact, but you can seem to abuse GPU Boost 2.0 like that. My GTX770 doesn't like overclocking or running at lower than stock voltage, but that's another story.

I was about to suggest Kepler BIOS tweaker...but....Kepler, yeah. ;)

Maybe a Maxwell BIOS tweaker will be released soon.

I have actually seen some guides using kepler bios tweaker and gpu-z to increase the power target on maxwell cards. Unfortunately when i try to download the bios gpuz tells me my hardware is not supported. Not sure how these guides are getting around it.

Back