Low Profile VGA Heatsink?

updawg

Gawd
Anyone know of a heatsink that can be used on AMD/NVIDIA current generation low profile cards? I know this is an odd request, but the GTX 650 LP by Zotac would be a good choice if the heatsink could be replaced allowing for people to use it in more cases.

When I had the isk 310-150, I searched for a solution as well since a lot of cooler are more than one slot for LP cards. I didn't find anything that was feasible since one dimension of the 3rd party cooler was too tall, long or wide. I have looked within the last couple months since I wanted to revisit a low profile case, but I still didn't find anything available.

The one thing I did find was the zalman vf-100. It is low profile, but it is an OEM cooler. It might be a bit too long, but just eyeballing it seems like it would work on most LP cards and in LP cases.

the 85mm height would be the problem of that cooler even if it was available outside of oem. If you ever come across anything else please let me know!

What about Sapphire 7750 LP card? I'm pretty sure its around the same performance.

I own the 7750 already, the GTX 650 seems to beat it out in most games that I own.

Other then scrapping an OEM cooler with compatible mounting I don't think there is anything out there. looked for a while myself and I couldn't find anything.

the 85mm height would be the problem of that cooler even if it was available outside of oem. If you ever come across anything else please let me know!

Yeah, I thought since it is installed diagonally that it might work. If not I had the idea that you could trim some of the heatsink so it fits properly.

Aside from that, I had the crazy idea of using the scythe musashi as a passive solution. Its overall height is 35mm and the fan is 12mm. That means it is only 23mm tall so it would fit in a single slot solution. Then since it is too wide, you would need to bend it so it folds over the top of the card. Length may be a problem since it is 250mm long, but the isk300-150 is about 325mm long. Seems like it would fit in my mind. Other cases, no idea.

Honestly, I gave up since since no one makes coolers for these cards or has a case that supports these cards if you are going LP.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Also searched the entire internet (yes all of it) for a replacement to a as you sapphire 7750 LP.
Closest I came was sapphires own cards with passive sink. But couldn't find out (or didn't try) wether the mounting holes are one the same place or not.

As all was in the planning stage I gave idea up.

Back