Loving this 2600X!

I use Premiere Elements from Adobe.

It's a really basic version of Premiere, but it does enough to edit simple videos for YouTube.

Only $99 one time (on sale for $69 right now), no subscription.

Hi Guys,

Nice ideas there - I recall Staxrip from ages back. I need a video editor though, not just an encoder.

Might take a look as I don't want to cough up for Adobe products when all I really do is edit some light videos for my YT channel/site and some for the Wife too. Nice options!
Shotcut
FXhome
Lightworks

Tons of stuff out there

I still use DVDShrink sometimes...... Shhhh

Thanks for jinxing me. I just found a OG JAP DVD mux torrent of the OVA Space Symphony Maetel, from the Galaxy Express 999 universe.
Now I have to bring Shrink out of retirement to shift through all these .vob's. :p

Geez, Staxrip. I haven't seen that since the Win 98 days. Didn't know it was still going.

VERY much alive and very powerful.

Version 2.0 is out and was just release a few months ago.

They do versions like...1.2 1.3. 1.4 so its really like the n'th generation of software.

Hi Guys,

Nice ideas there - I recall Staxrip from ages back. I need a video editor though, not just an encoder.

Might take a look as I don't want to cough up for Adobe products when all I really do is edit some light videos for my YT channel/site and some for the Wife too. Nice options!

I really like Filmora

Never tried premier. Is it difficult to learn?

One of the people in the Linux forum pointed me to DaVinci Resolve that's available on Linux, Mac OS (macOS), and Windows. I have it installed but not used it yet.

One of the people in the Linux forum pointed me to DaVinci Resolve that's available on Linux, Mac OS (macOS), and Windows. I have it installed but not used it yet.

Yup, that's my go to at the moment since Magix doesn't work on Ryzen.

I have looked at Shotcut too..not impressed.

Is this an alright score for passmark for a 2600X.

115171241779.png

I updated my AMD chipset drivers about a week ago and found no difference in performance with Cinebench scores with Ryzan balanced and performance for power configuration so I left it on Ryzen balanced.

I updated my AMD chipset drivers about a week ago and found no difference in performance with Cinebench scores with Ryzan balanced and performance for power configuration so I left it on Ryzen balanced.

Ryzen power plan is not recommended for 2nd gen. Testing shows it actually hampers performance.

Ryzen power plan is not recommended for 2nd gen. Testing shows it actually hampers performance.

Any recent testing for this? Because mine doesn't show any difference. Did game benchmarks, Arkham Knight and Deus Ex, no difference seen too.

Any recent testing for this? Because mine doesn't show any difference. Did game benchmarks, Arkham Knight and Deus Ex, no difference seen too.

Yes read Amd_Roberts official reply on this reddit. However it actually doesn't hamper it just doesnt help. Had to make that adjustment to my statement above. I

The Reddit post ends with the below so it looks like we can use Ryzan balanced worry free. I think :)

tl;dr: use balanced or ryzen balanced for Ryzen, 2nd Gen Ryzen, Threadripper, etc. It's fine.

Back