Lost GTA V Accounts Restoration Within 24 Hours

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this report, Rockstar Support is restoring hijacked accounts within 24 hours of being notified. Thanks to Blue for the news.

We are aware that unauthorized attempts have been made to access Rockstar Games Social Club accounts using email and password combinations sourced from unaffiliated, compromised websites or databases elsewhere on the internet. For the accounts affected, we are in the process of reverting those accounts back to their original owners. As a result, the ability to change email addresses for Social Club accounts has been temporarily disabled. See the following Rockstar Support article for more information here.

About time, as if you do a google you can see all the recorded conversations that were very unprofessional where Rockstar phone support was literally just hanging up on people or putting them on indefinite hold until they hang up (hours).

I can understand the phone staff being annoyed by a huge rush of calls, but have sympathy for your userbase and get that escalated up the chain and don't just crap on the people that spent the $60 instead of just pirating it.

The irony is that the GTA games have always made fun of companies and corporations, through in-game mock advertisements and programming, that take your money and give nothing in return. Life imitating art, I guess.

About time, as if you do a google you can see all the recorded conversations that were very unprofessional where Rockstar phone support was literally just hanging up on people or putting them on indefinite hold until they hang up (hours).

Agreed, their support is pretty sad. One big issue that they have is that they only allow you to change your Social Club nickname once per year. Not even the support personnel have the ability to change your Nickname back more frequently than once per year apparently :rolleyes:

Well... if someone steals your account, what do you think is the first fucking thing that they are going to do? Change the account nickname of course.

So you have all these cases of support being able to restore accounts to the original email & original owner, but "Sorry, we can't change your Nickname back", which basically means they would be forced to play GTAV for a whole year using whatever nickname whoever stole the account decided to set. How is that acceptable in any way, shape, or form? How the hell does rockstar support not even have the ability to change a nickname on a social club account? :rolleyes:

So you have all these cases of support being able to restore accounts to the original email & original owner, but "Sorry, we can't change your Nickname back", which basically means they would be forced to play GTAV for a whole year using whatever nickname whoever stole the account decided to set. How is that acceptable in any way, shape, or form? How the hell does rockstar support not even have the ability to change a nickname on a social club account? :rolleyes:
I don't see how that's a big problem though, ImaPedophile69... :D Man, I can only imagine some of the names people are stuck with!

Back