looks like the eMachines AMD64 3000+ with Radeon9600 its now $1299.99 with $250rebate

Are these the first 64bit laptops that have been available to the public?? I just haven't seen any 64bit laptops before unti these e-Machine ones came out.

Anoyone know if Circuit City will price match with the rebate? Id rather get the one with the DVD burner

just so people know. Liteon makes some of these laptops (maybe all of them). Found at when my work started getting emachine laptops in the store.

I still wouldn't buy it just cause it's an emachine. Not even for parts. To some this may look like thread crapping, but to most who know emachine, it's a fair warning.

Originally posted by Kintoun
I still wouldn't buy it just cause it's an emachine. Not even for parts. To some this may look like thread crapping, but to most who know emachine, it's a fair warning.

Thats what i thought.

Theyre rebadge Akimas? or something like that

new emachines != old emachines

old emachines are crap but they're much better these days

Yeah not to crap on this deal but every experience i've had with emachines have not been good. Never had to do anything with their laptops though so it might be another story.

yes e-machine quailty has gone up remarkably. The best computer you can get at Best Buy is an emachine (which isnt saying too much but its saying something)

under the management of the new CEO, emachines has gone up considerly in quality, they are now starting to make quality products.

judge them yes, but look at it once, ATI used to be the underdog also.

I bought the new m6805 from best buy (amd 64 3000+ 512mb 64mb ati 9600 vid card)......this thing is a beast!!!!! I seems to handle just about everything i can throw at it. It even played the new far cry demo with 4xAA this thing is awesome.......EXCEPT for the bad pixel directly in the center of the screen that has forced me to find another best buy with it in stock to trade it in for. This thing is kick ass and i highly rcomend it.

eMachines makes a better product than any other - be it Dell, Gateway, etc - don't hate the new eMachines.

Just got mine. No dead pixels, Hitachi 5400 RPM. Princeton NJ.

Serial Number: N3041 300 065XX

Originally posted by Tony_Here
Just wait, in a few weeks or so you'll be able to grab this for $1000 or less....

Well I was right.. BB has in todays paper for $999 after MIR...heh

OMG don't hate on eMachines... they're soooooooo much better than they used to be. I've watched them a for a long time, and they kind of have 2 classes now, the ones that suck (Celerons and the old durons and whatnot) and the newer ones that are cutting edge. The ones that suck, do a very good job at sucking, and the Cutting edge ones are awesome!

I'd buy an eMachines WAY before i bought an HP, Compaq or Gateway or in many cases Dell. the 64 bit Laptop is no exception, every account i've had with it, seems great, and I haven't seen a bad emachines laptop yet (i'm a service tech @ BBY) That's saying a lot since i see probably 5-10 HPs/Compaqs and 5 Dell/Gateway laptops in for fixing things every day... no eMachines in yet for major problems.... they're sweeeeeeeet! :D

Now we just have to wait for Longhorn or 64bit XP :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Tony_Here
Well I was right.. BB has in todays paper for $999 after MIR...heh

Look again. Wrong laptop.

The 6805 went UP in price by $50.

Originally posted by Kintoun

New CEO. Quality went WAY up.

Originally posted by lopoetve
New CEO. Quality went WAY up.

Have to agree.

Was fixing a system for someone, it was an emachines (major virus infection on it).

Barton 2500+, Nforce2 board, dual channel pc3200 ram. I was impressed on the specs + components used.

Got the Barton running at 2.2 stock as well.

This isn't the emachines I remember, that's for sure =)

Back