Looking to buy i7 Laptop

GJohn

[H]ard|Gawd
I need a powerful machine on the go. It will be used to view large photography files. Edit files and render. I really need the power of i7 and the 1920x1200 display.

After looking around for over a month now, I decided on Sony F series.

sonyvaiof_938g.jpg

For about $1600 it comes with...

16.4 Display 1920x1200
Intel i7-720QM 1.6GHz
6GB DDR3-1333
Nvidia GT 330M 1GB
320GB 7200rpm HD
Blu-Ray player/burner
Win 7 Home 64-bit
High capacity battery
6.9lbs

And I will defiantly upgrade to SSD. And I plan on getting Accidental Damage from Handling service plan for 3 years that costs $329. Does anyone have any experience with Sony's services?

Anyone have better idea before i spend away over 2K on a laptop?

thats a very nice laptop... what the battery life on this?

Probably pretty terrible...but not sure. I'm assuming around 1.5 hours to 2 hours.

This is if you're talking about the ASUS I linked....the Sony the OP posted I have no clue about the battery life.

Asus is a good brand when coming to gaming and powerful. But my G51's battery sucked balls, it lasted 1.5 hrs when i first got it, and about 2-3 months of use it went down a good 30-40 minutes.

Asus is a good brand when coming to gaming and powerful. But my G51's battery sucked balls, it lasted 1.5 hrs when i first got it, and about 2-3 months of use it went down a good 30-40 minutes.

i have a g51 and the battery life is very very short. But i dont care since its a desktop replacement. I just wanted something i could carry around.. not use on the go.

thats a very nice laptop... what the battery life on this?

On the Sony it it is about 2 hours 40 minutes if you browse around, but if you do heavy computing or watch DVD it is 1 hour.

But with high capacity battery which costs $100 more, you gain about 1 - 1:30 hour.

I wouldn't buy directly from Sager....you can get them from xoticpc.com and gentechpc.com. From what I understand....Sager has bad customer service and everyone who buys the same product from xotic or gentech say they have had nothing but good experiences dealing with them.

you mentioned resolution but not screen size, so I'll throw this out there - the new vaio Z starts shipping at the end of march, with i7, 4-6GB, and an optional 1920x1080 screen, or the stock of 1600x900 isnt bad. But we're talking 13.1" screen, mine doesnt bother me at all because of the high res, but I have young eyes...

for that you're getting over double the battery life, and half the weight, it's pretty nice to carry around a 3lb computer.

I have been looking at both the Vaio F and the G73. The Sony is more portable and looks better, but the G73 is an awesome deal. I'm having a difficult time deciding.

This thread is relevant to my interest. Did OP get the laptop? If so, did it work out for your needs?

Back