looking for XP home .iso

Obi_Kwiet

2[H]4U
Hey, can anyone point me to a torrent or something that has a good non-cracked XP iso? The laptop a friend's buying, doesn't come with the disk (sigh), so we'll need that.

*No, I'm not looking to pirate it, just looking for the .iso so I properly use MY LEGAL PREINSTALED OEM COPY OF XP ON THE PREINSTALLED PC* *cough*

So, not pirating or nothing, just lookng for the .iso. :)

It's be nice if MS had something like this on their site.

You can always get the disc from the OEM he's getting the laptop from. He just has to ask, and possibly pay for shipping.

It's still against the EULA to download an ISO of an OEM version of XP. Goes along with supplying the software without a license. Therefore the question is against the rules.

It's probably talking about cracked copies, and *selling* it with out a licence. Nothing wrong with out making a back up. If he buy the laptop he entitled to make a back up copy of his OS.

Obi_Kwiet said:
It's probably talking about cracked copies, and *selling* it with out a licence. Nothing wrong with out making a back up. If he buy the laptop he entitled to make a back up copy of his OS.
What OEM is he buying the laptop from?

Obi_Kwiet said:
You don't make a backup by downloading an ISO.

Almost all laptops provide a means of making a physical backup copy of the installation media. Matter of fact, I just the other day picked up a cheap HP/Compaq laptop to use as a word processor. First thing the scant instruction manual tells you about is how to make a set of physical recovery media disks.

Catweazle said:
First thing the scant instruction manual tells you about is how to make a set of physical recovery media disks.
That's a back up of the bloated installation, not a simple OS installation disc.

I'm just glad that Dell sometimes put more than one copy of the installation CDs in computers I bought. It's handy to have OEM CDs that I can use to reinstall the OS when a manufacturer doesn't provide it (cough, HP).

It's a backup, pxc, which is legal. You weren't being 'ordered' to like it !

HP will give you an OEM cd if you call and insist that they give you one. Have done it before.

Ahh, that'll be easier than getting a possibly cracked version. \\And by the way, you own the licence, not the soft ware. If downloading an uncracked .iso were a problem, you could take your one CD and put it on as many PC as you wanted.

Call, Write, email vender that the notebook came from with the COA
ask them for the OEM disk(s), DELL will give them to you for free!, HP charges $35 for restore disks
install and enjoy you preactivated OEM cds

temporalwar said:
Call, Write, email vender that the notebook came from with the COA
ask them for the OEM disk(s), DELL will give them to you for free!, HP charges $35 for restore disks
install and enjoy you preactivated OEM cds

HP will give you an installation media if you bother them enough. I've done it. Just let them know that in the system builder's license agreement that the system builder must supply an installation media to the end user if it is requested. They may charge a $10 s+h fee. You will have to fight them and maybe call back three or four times, but they will do it.

Back