Looking for the smallest case possible with SFX, ITX, iGPU

Hanakuso

[H]ard|Gawd
Hello, i'm looking or a smaller replacement for my wife's Ncase M1. Only thing I can think of is the Jonsbo U1, but that case seems to be very hard to get in the US.

Requirements:
  • ITX
  • SFX/SFX-L PSU
  • 2 2.5" Hard Drives
  • Aluminum (Highly preferred)
  • Windowed (Highly preferred)

Build:
  • ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac
  • i5-5675C
  • G.Skill 8GB 1866Mhz 8-9-9-24
  • Noctua NH-U9S with 92mm GT AP14
  • Crucial M500 240GB
  • Samsung M9T 2 TB
  • SX500-LG

Spare parts I can swap to be smaller:
  • Noctua NH-L9i & Cooltek LP53
  • ST45SF-G
  • EK Monarch Module RAM Heatsinks or I could run my RAM without heatsinks

ML06-E is your small option. No window.

Next size up is the Node 202, follow by RVZ02/ML08.

Why use an sfx psu with an igpu system? Plenty of *tiny* psus that meet your power envelope and allow much smaller cases?

If you are going to expand to a discrete gpu at some point, totally understand, but if size is a driving factor no reason to have that much power that will not be used ;)

As someone has stated, you might even go smaller without a dGPU.
Have you looked at Lian-li's case? They got some really tiny aluminium cases, no windows though.

Seconding Antec ISK110
Also Lone Industries L3, if there are any available still

I have a ISK-110 for trade if you decide to go the route without a sfx PSU case

Third for the Atec ISK110. I have one with an A8-7600 running on a picopsu-150-XT and it works fine. I did have to replace the stock heatsink with a Notcua NH-L9a because the temps were a little high for my tastes, but an i5 should do fine with the stock heatsink.

Thank you for all the replies. I see a lot of you are recommending the ISK110. It looks also perfect, but i'm concerned about the PSU since I have no experience with power bricks.

Are they just as good as a typical PSU? I rather have a bigger build then to skimp on quality.

I have been running an i5 2400 in an isk110 for a couple of years and can say that I have had no problems. I think the only down fall of these is that you do have a hard limit for wattage, but realistically if you are not trying to put a 95w chip like the AMD A10-7870k in there you should be golden.

Back