Looking for the perfect iPad Bed Mount

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
I just bought a new iPad 4, so I'm moving the still perfectly servicable iPad 1 to the bedroom for playing music, Alarm Clock use, watching Amazon Prime, etc... It is wired to an old set of Monsoon MM700 Planar Speakers which I've had for 10 years and continue to impress me.

I got this one in from Amazon yesterday:

http://www.amazon.com/TaoTronics-TT...d=1366293047&sr=8-1&keywords=ipad+floor+stand

I'm not terribly impressed.

The floor stand itself is quite nice. It all goes bad with the actual iPad holder.

First, it will not fit 7" Tablets. It will not close up enough.

Second, the way it attaches to the Goose Neck is very, very unstable and untrustworthy. I had it fall off the damn thing a few times while trying to get it all set up.

I'm looking for something that can attach to the headboard (about 2" thick) and suspend the iPad over top of me, but also be able to swing up out of the way when not in use.

I'd like to be able to overnight it from Amazon.

If you have a great setup, a picture would be great !

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I dont have something like this but 70/80 bucks for that WOW. You could get away buying a floor lamp and find a way to attach a holder to it. Those room floor lamps have that huge stable base i dont think a pad would unbalance it but i bet i could make something cheaper then that price that would be more stable...

It's actually quite heavy. The steel cover is over what I believe is a plastic base full of sand.

Very nice. My only concern is with the suction cup type of mount.

Back