Looking for Spanish language games (good for learning yet fun)

housecat

Gawd
I learned most of my english skills from playing Kings Quest 3 when I was growing up. I've studied spanish for a year now at the university and really like it, but as anyone will know whose studied a language for a years time.. thats not much and I need more experience.

I searched all the old Sierra and Lucasarts games for español versions and only found spanish translations of a few (Quest for Glory 3 and Space Quest 5). I also found a Kings Quest 1 remake in VGA with a spanish translation pack.

I'm currently playing through this KQ1 version.. but none of these games are actually the old school command-based adventure games like KQ3.

I think working with simple commands and reading descriptions would greatly help with my basic spanish skills.

I even looked for ZORK in spanish. I used to play that as well but its commands are a bit TOO basic (even in english). So I gave up quickly on that search.

I have some of the pimsleur and rosetta stone language lessons, so please dont suggest those. I've found spanish language TV and music to be near useless due to the slang and speed in which they speak..
I'm looking for something halfway fun I can spend time with and still improve.

so as obscure of a request as this is.. if you know of any let me know.. thanks guys

Emulators are your friend.

Seriously, there are countless translastions for various popular old school games you can find online. (There is a Chrono Trigger spanish translation.)

Just get an emulator for your favorite old system (ZSNES is VERY good) and go find some translated roms. (Even Final Fantasy 6 has a Spanish translation, I'm not sure how good it is, but there is one.)

Try Argentum Online... its a MMORPG made in Argentina so its all in Spanish... also F2P

Dnno how popular it remains... but it was pretty popular from what i remember, i never liked it... Has crappy 8bit era graphics for me and so on ... but maybe u ll have some fun and learn

google it... i ve no link atm >.<

well there should be old copies of star craft in spanish, i have one, age of empires in spanish. Also there is a version of halo2 in spanish here mexico. Have you tried spanish news? they seem to be at a slower pace, but well im bilingual so im not sure i could really tell the difference :p.

Back