Looking for some help for a form factor I've never used

kittmaster

Limp Gawd
I'm looking for some input on selecting a motherboard that will be used for a mobile disc jockey business.

I've purchased two V7's which are controllers that typically interface to a laptop that hangs off the dj coffin. My problem with that is I consider handling from roadies to be hard on equipment and I don't want to use a laptop as most do.

http://www.numark.com/v7

I want to use something in a nano or pico but open to a mini solution:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:VIA_Mini-ITX_Form_Factor_Comparison.jpg

I really have never used anything below a micro-ATX form factor.

Here is the minimum requirements from the manufacturer:

•32-bit - Intel processor, 1.8GHz Core Duo; 1GB RAM
•64-bit - Intel processor, 2.4GHz Core Duo; 4GB RAM
•2GB RAM
•1024 x 768 screen resolution
•Available USB 2.0 port
•Available Hard disk space for music

I want it to run Windows XP or 7, no preference either way.

I definitely want it to have a dedicated video card hardware, vga is ok, DVI is better.

It has to be a durable as it gets and something that can live in a road case with forced fan cooling into the case, I would prefer to put 4GB of memory over 2GB (will run 32 bit version) and I'll have terabytes for storage.

I prefer it didn't require any kind of onboard fan cooling since this can break and cause overheating on the road.

I would prefer to find a way to mount it as a 19" rack mount form.

With that, I know it is a lot of odd requirements, but durability is paramount since this will be used in a mobile application and is just has to work.

I've done a few searches on newegg, and I'm not 100% sure what I'm looking for. Can anyone recommend something that will fill this request? Cost is NOT on object, but it must be able to be bought off the shelf.

I don't believe it will never need to be upgraded since I'm hoping for something faster and stronger than it will ever need. I also plan to buy two of whatever it is since once would be in place for regular use and one as dedicated backup if the first fails.

Hopefully enough info???

Please recommend something you've actually worked with or know someone who has had excellent results with if possible.

Thanks!

Chris

take a look in the small form factor forum section.. tons of information in there that im sure will help you..

I'm not aware of any nano/pico itx boards with dedicated video, or any intel-based boards in either form factor. What's wrong with regular ITX? it'll still more than adequately fit in a rackmount. Let me do some poking around and see if I can find anything that'd be of use to you.

Back