Looking for help with Logitech Unifying Dongle

jimthebob

Gawd
Sooo long story short, I lost the OG dongle for my Logitech G703 Lighspeed. So I bought the Logitech Unify dongle

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B072JW9LT8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

as I thought it to be compatible. Instead I get this when I try to pair the device

1672526810117.png

Anyone have any idea or experience with making this otherwise great wireless mouse work with a new dongle?! TIA!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I guess the lesson here is don't believe everything you read on the internet (i.e. that the G703 Lightspeed would work with this receiver).

the Logitech unifying receivers typically are for their lower end mouse and keyboard sets ( we used to deploy these frequently at my office, then folks starting losing them on mass.... I got sick of ordering replacements!) we have since migrated to pure Bluetooth solutions from either Logitech or Microsoft. I personally have a G502 lightspeed and guard that dongle with my life. great mouse, but I'm just not a fan of the dongle, however I "think" its required to allow the mouse to have next to no latency

IMHO, Dongles suk... BT4Me :D

Back when I first started using Logi's stuff, I too was under the impression that they were all compatible with each other, which they are NOT.... so that's when I decided to move to BT only, cause I sure as hell wasn't gonna go backwards to wired stuff......

Back