Looking for good Xbox 360 games for an 8 year old

Viper87227

Fully [H]
My 8 year old nephew is just started to get into video games. Over the past year or so he started playing Minecraft, and that's basically all he'd talk about, but he didn't play any other games. He's at my house every day for an hour or two until his Dad can pick him up, so I set up an old 360 for him to play.

For the past month or so we've been playing Kameo together and having a really good time. Some parts are a little tough for him, and I'll help out, but for the most part he can figure the game out on his own and really seems to be enjoying it. I like that there are elements of problem solving where he actually has to use his brain a bit.

We're getting close to finishing Kameo and I'd like to find something else similar to play. Something with some light puzzle solving that would be challenging for, but within the grasp of an 8 year old. Obviously has to be kid friendly... and lets keep it to the 360.

Bionic Commando: Rearmed - it's a Xbox Arcade game, side scroller, but pretty fun in both single player and co-op.

The Banjo Kazooio games (there's 2 or 3 of them).

viva pinata seems very fun. i just bought a 360 and i ordered it from ebay for like 3$

Viva Pinata 1 & 2

Banjo Kazooio - the one on 360 you could make your own vehicles much like putting Legos together.

Any of the LEGO titles, Marvel, DC, Potter, Lord of the Rings, Jurassic World. Kid friendly and can play co-op together. Skip Lego Dimensions, that's a money pit collecting "extra" figures/packs.

Minecraft Story Mode - This is more of a story driven Minecraft game with some choose-your-own-adventure like options.

Yup any Lego games! Batman Lego series and the Lego marvel are favs of my son at that age.

He would get months of play time playing those through the story line and free roam play afterwards unlocking all the characters ext and then unlocking more stuff in the story line playing it threw again.

I have Viva Pinata and we tried that, but it seemed to be a bit too much for him. He could follow along the tutorials, but had a hard time remembering what to do after that. It didn't seem to hold his interest long.

I didn't know Banjo Kazooio was even on 360, that should be a very good one for him. Totally forgot about the Lego titles as well, he'd like those for sure.

Pure, great racing game. and nothing to soil an 8 year olds mind with. you race quads and upgrade them as you progress.

Pure, great racing game. and nothing to soil an 8 year olds mind with. you race quads and upgrade them as you progress.

I have Pure, and he does like it. But to me, games like that are just for play. With Kameo, there was actually some critical thinking involved for him to solve puzzles or figure out how to beat certain enemies/bosses. It worked his brain a little bit, and was a lot more rewarding when he finally figured out how to do something. He finally beat it last night.

Back