Looking for Co-Op PS2 games

Killdozer

[H]ard|Gawd
My friend called me the other day and asked what Co-Op games are out for the PS2 right now, and I basically drew a blank. I searched the forums and people mentioned Baulders Gate 1&2 and Champions of Norrath 1&2 but unfortunately my friend doesn't like those types of games. I know that the Star Wars Starfighter games support co-op and they're tons of fun for the money, but other than that I don't have a clue. He's looking for action/adventure games and doesn't like RPGs too much. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Don't really know what category this would fall into but Gauntlet Legends Dark Legacy. Me and my buddies had so much fun with the guantlet games.

Isn't one of the modes in HL2 Co-Op? I forget the mode's name but it's basically two female scientists trying to escape Black Mesa. Check it out.

Z(+)DIAC said:
Isn't one of the modes in HL2 Co-Op? I forget the mode's name but it's basically two female scientists trying to escape Black Mesa. Check it out.

on ps2?

phoderpants said:

Yes, there is a mode where you can play two scientist at a time. It was exclusively added to the PS2 version. Let me see if I can find some info.

Taken directly from Gamespot:

Along with the complete and faithful port of the single-player game, Half-Life on the PlayStation 2 includes two multiplayer modes. The most impressive of these is Decay, a cooperative split-screen two-player mode boasting a new storyline that runs parallel to Gordon Freeman's single-player adventure. In Decay, you assume the role of Dr. Gina Cross or Dr. Colette Green and must traverse the bowels of Black Mesa solving puzzles and combating enemies much like their solo-play alter ego. The main difference is that Decay's puzzles often require both players to solve. For example, one player must keep a timed security override active while the other scampers past temporarily deactivated turrets. To add competition, both players are rated on kills, damage sustained, and gun accuracy upon the completion of each mission. Decay is a superb addition to the Half-Life universe, and cooperative play offers a unique multiplayer thrill that can even surpass the excitement of a head-to-head deathmatch mode.

Though it's possible to play Decay solo, it's a bit awkward and certainly less rewarding. You can switch between the two characters using the "select" button. As you move and battle using one character, the other remains stationary awaiting your control. The immobile character will automatically defend herself against threats, but switching frantically between characters to minimize combat damage can be cumbersome. Plus, solving the cooperative puzzles as one player lacks the satisfaction of discovering and implementing the solution as a two-player team. It's also worth noting that the save and quick save options are disabled during Decay and only active between each mission--should either character die, the mission ends in failure and must be replayed from the beginning. Half-Life also features a straightforward two-player split-screen deathmatch mode if you'd rather battle a friend than work together. You can wage war on 10 different maps (which should look familiar to PC Half-Life veterans), but the lack of options limits variation.

Z(+)DIAC said:
Taken directly from Gamespot:

Along with the complete and faithful port of the single-player game, Half-Life on the PlayStation 2 includes two multiplayer modes. The most impressive of these is Decay, a cooperative split-screen two-player mode boasting a new storyline that runs parallel to Gordon Freeman's single-player adventure. In Decay, you assume the role of Dr. Gina Cross or Dr. Colette Green and must traverse the bowels of Black Mesa solving puzzles and combating enemies much like their solo-play alter ego. The main difference is that Decay's puzzles often require both players to solve. For example, one player must keep a timed security override active while the other scampers past temporarily deactivated turrets. To add competition, both players are rated on kills, damage sustained, and gun accuracy upon the completion of each mission. Decay is a superb addition to the Half-Life universe, and cooperative play offers a unique multiplayer thrill that can even surpass the excitement of a head-to-head deathmatch mode.

Though it's possible to play Decay solo, it's a bit awkward and certainly less rewarding. You can switch between the two characters using the "select" button. As you move and battle using one character, the other remains stationary awaiting your control. The immobile character will automatically defend herself against threats, but switching frantically between characters to minimize combat damage can be cumbersome. Plus, solving the cooperative puzzles as one player lacks the satisfaction of discovering and implementing the solution as a two-player team. It's also worth noting that the save and quick save options are disabled during Decay and only active between each mission--should either character die, the mission ends in failure and must be replayed from the beginning. Half-Life also features a straightforward two-player split-screen deathmatch mode if you'd rather battle a friend than work together. You can wage war on 10 different maps (which should look familiar to PC Half-Life veterans), but the lack of options limits variation.

kewl dude.

Back