Looking for an inexpensive, well-cooled case

Rehevkor

[H]ard|Gawd
My case is growing crowded and running a bit too warm for my taste, so I'm in the market for a new one. However, I can't afford to spend more than $60.

Good flow-through and plenty of places to stick fans is a priority. Aesthetics, especially pre-mods such as windows, are important too, but not if the price is too high. I only need two optical drive bays, so it doesn't need to be huge either, but I do need plenty of room for IDE and PSU cables. Speaking of PSUs, I already have a very good one, so I'd prefer a case that doesn't include one. And if such a case with a motherboard tray exists, that would be awesome.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I've already prowled newegg, but I didn't find anything that really impressed me (except for the obscenely expensive ones, of course). Thanks! :)

Originally posted by HRslammR
antec lanboy?

He said WELL cooled :p

I have a Lanboy and it has the worst air circulation :mad:

Might want to consider the New Chieftec BX series...newegg has em for under $60...as well as many other nice cases..

Will

Look at some of the Chieftec cases. You'll find a decent selection at sites like newegg and directron.

Thanks for the tip, Will. Somehow I managed to overlook those. Now I just have to decide which one I want :)

Cheapest-
Plywood board - $5-10
Screws and Misc Hardware - $5

JUst bolt everything to a board, great cooling, plus if you need to you can glue/bolt a fan anywhere.

Originally posted by Psyker
Cheapest-
Plywood board - $5-10
Screws and Misc Hardware - $5

JUst bolt everything to a board, great cooling, plus if you need to you can glue/bolt a fan anywhere.

He has a point you know. I mounted a pc on a 3'x3' piece of plywood and enjoyed it very much at the time (P233MMx). hung it on the wall above the monitor. You could get creative and paint the plywood, install some standoffs at the corners, and make yourself a "window" with some plexi over the whole thing.

Originally posted by Will013
Might want to consider the New Chieftec BX series...newegg has em for under $60...as well as many other nice cases..

Will

all that room and they are still using 80mm fans.. shame doesnt everyone know that 120mm is the way of the future?

nice case otherwise.. i dig it

this is a bit higher than your budget, but the antec soho server case is great, this one has a window, no psu, and is huge. has room for at least 4 fans, i think a fifth one on the window etc.

i've seen one in person and i love it, its the one i'm ordering in a few weeks when i get back to my apartment (sans the window and w/ a psu) its really heavy and sturdy which i like. its 30 pounds empty i think...but it means that it'll last.

Back