Looking for an AC adapter for my scanner...will one of these work???

Hey there...ok...I have a bunch of AC adpters in my spare hardware closet...now I accidentally unplugged the AC adapter for the scanner and packed it away in the closet...now that I need the scanner I just found out that the AC adpater is missing...

SO...I looked in the closet and couldn't find any markings on the AC adapter that matched the scanner...so I need to know if any AC adapter will work...now I know that not "ANY" will work...first thing is to seperate all the ones that will fit in the hole in the scanner...I've done that...but I don't know what to be looking for on the Output/Input part of the AC adapters...

The scanner says 16V...0.9A on the bottom of it...so what should I be looking for on the AC adapaters??? Should I be looking at the Input or Output numbers on the AC adapters??? Do the numbers have to match the one(s) on the scanner or is that the max amount meaning that anything below that will work??? THANX
C'YA :cool:

You should match what the scanner has on it. Same thing with the tip polarity. I bought a reversable, voltage-changeable one from Radio Shack to have around, and it's come in handy many times.

What about one that says:
Input: 120V~,0.3a, 60Hz
Outpit: 16Vdc, 0.9A
Class 2 Power Supply

---5 minutes later---

I just looked thru the closet at all the ACaadapters and fount that ALL say the same for Input: 120VAC (or AC 120V) 60Hz 50

There is also another number in the Input but they are all different...one is marked as a mA and the rest are measured in W(att's)

As for the Output...they are all different...they say: x.xVDC (or DC x.xV) XXXmA

What do I do with all this info???

That one is the guy. You are looking for the output of the transformer, so the one with 16v and .9 amp is perfect, since it is the power requirement your scanner is looking for.

Weeeee!!! Thanx...but the weird thing is that's not the AC adapter that goes with the scanner...it went to something else...I have no idea where the original AC adapter went...weird... :confused:

Thanx for the help!!!

I see that the number in the Input is the same except for the last number...one was marked in mA (miliamps?) and the others were marked in Watts...the Watts were all different...why would that be???

Watts = Volts x Amps ( with AC its a bit more complex, but close ) so it is a different way to say the same thing.

Back