looking for a slot load sata DVD drive/burner

Yuritau

n00b
As the title says, I'm trying to find a DVD player that is both sata and slot load for a mini-ITX build I'm doing. I'd prefer slimline, but I can make a full size drive work if I need to. (EDIT: I forgot to mention, needs to be an internal drive)

Now before anyone links the sony optiarc unit on newegg.com, the most important requirement I have is that is has to be shippable to Canada, and Newegg.com doesn't do that. And to top it off, that drive isn't available on Newegg.ca. (yet one more reason why I utterly dislike newegg)

I also really don't care if it's a burner or just a reader, I have my mATX system that can take care of all my burning needs.

Oh, and finally, I'd kinda prefer not to throw the extra $$ on a blu-ray drive, so skip those.

If anyone can scrounge up a link to something that meets my needs, I'd be most appreciative!

Bah, figures.. been looking around for one of these so long that it's been a while since I checked NCIX.com (my local favorite), and lo! They now have the exact one I'm looking for, heh. (the sony optiarc slimline sata slot loader)

I am pretty sure digistor ships internationally... if you haven't bought yet.. I would prob stay away from the Sony slot load based on the reviews. The panasonic would be a better drive.

here's a pic of a 5.25" slot load setup for $89. You can just get the drive too of course if that's what you're looking for.

slot.jpg

http://www.digistor.com/DIGISTOR-5-25-DVD-Writer-Slot-Load?sc=2&category=831

Last edited:
considering the drive is really only ever used during install, if the price difference after S&H is more than $20-30, I'll just stick with the sony from NCIX (which I can go to the store to pick up, thus bypassing shipping).

considering the drive is really only ever used during install, if the price difference after S&H is more than $20-30, I'll just stick with the sony from NCIX (which I can go to the store to pick up, thus bypassing shipping).

if that's the case you should ditch the internal and just use a slim external for installs. Then you can put something else there instead. I bought a samsung slot load for about $65.

Back