Looking for a sleak, compact mATX case

timme

Gawd
Hello,

I'm looking for a really small and sexy (Lian-Li et al.) mATX case. I'm coming from a Sugo SG05 build but for several reasons I am back on a mATX setup that is currently residing without a case on my desk. The configuration is minimal, as in one HDD, a full-size video card and a PSU.

Suggestions?

For a more business look, the Antec NSK3480 is pretty nice as long as your PSU isn't over 5.5" long. It's a really solid chassis and has great ventilation.

Silverstone TJ08 has a sweet looking aluminum face on a cheap steel chassis, but it looks great and has good ventilation.

You can also go cheap-and-plain with a Cooler Master Elite 341. It has great ventilation and is just plain black.

Lian Li doesn't seem to make a micro ATX mini tower anymore as they are not on the 2010 product PDF, but you may still be able to find some, called the PC-A03. It looks like the new PC-7FN in front but is smaller. Hmmm, maybe I should find one for myself before they're all gone?

For "cube" style cases you can go for a Lian Li PC-V351 (or soon to be released 353) or Silverstone Sugo SG01/SG02. I think the 02 has an aluminum face.

Thanks for the suggestions! I really like the black Lian Li PC-V351, although the cube form factor is not really suited to be carried around.

Hmm, personally I don't see a cube case being any more difficult to carry around. In any case, I quite like the SG03B I'm using. You could try the new F edition of it that is significantly cheaper for some reason, while still using the same aluminum and everything. Your setup is nearly what I have - a GPU, one 3.5" HDD, and of course a PSU. Though I also have an optical Blu-ray drive. Fits very well obviously, and it's not an eyesore either (though the side panel mesh may not be to everyone's liking, and is probably the biggest minus as far as looks go in my books - but not overly distracting).

The SG03 looks nice indeed, but as you mentioned already, what's up with that side panel?! Is it removable?

Define "full sized video card"

The SG03 can fit up to a 5870 w/ a slim fan.
at worst, it can't fit a big heatsink. I like the mid-tower more than the cube cases and SG03 looks much better imo.

Back