Looking for a new phone Moto G100 or like.

Currently looking at the Moto G100 with a Snapdragon 870, 8/128GB RAM/ROM, SD slot, 3.5mm on phone audio jack, HDMI out, and side fingerprint read for about 400usd.
Dual sim support with a SD slot is optional.
Android 12 is a must because 11 has broken Bluetooth support. Unlocked and root-able is recommended.
Planning of using Mint Mobile and TextNow.

Current phone is the Redmi Note 9S with a SD720G, 6/128GB RAM/ROM, on Android 11, waiting for 12 that is said to be release. Also the mic is not working, most likely because I failed to completely solder on that 40pin connector all the way. Atleast I didn't glue on the back glass yet. lol

Thx, d.

Currently looking at the Moto G100 with a Snapdragon 870, 8/128GB RAM/ROM, SD slot, 3.5mm on phone audio jack, HDMI out, and side fingerprint read for about 400usd.
Dual sim support with a SD slot is optional.
Android 12 is a must because 11 has broken Bluetooth support. Unlocked and root-able is recommended.
Planning of using Mint Mobile and TextNow.

Current phone is the Redmi Note 9S with a SD720G, 6/128GB RAM/ROM, on Android 11, waiting for 12 that is said to be release. Also the mic is not working, most likely because I failed to completely solder on that 40pin connector all the way. Atleast I didn't glue on the back glass yet. lol

Thx, d.
The Moto G100 seems like a decent option if you aren't concerned about camera quality. The problem is that Motorola is notorious for poor update support. The G100 only just got Android 12 in July, and the current indications are that it won't get Android 13 (not any time soon, certainly). If there are still significant glitches, you may be stuck with them.

If I were buying a budget Android phone, I'd spring for a Pixel 6a. But my priorities may be different — in this category I still value camera quality and strong OS update policies, and don't worry about headphone jacks or expandable storage.

I agree with Aurelius . I think a Pixel 6a or even a 5a is a better option simply because Motorola has a dismal update policy.

Another option is the midrange Samsung "A" phones. I think last years A53 has 5 years of support built in. I don't remember if it has a headphone jack off the top of my head though as the Pixels definitely do not.

I agree with Aurelius . I think a Pixel 6a or even a 5a is a better option simply because Motorola has a dismal update policy.

Another option is the midrange Samsung "A" phones. I think last years A53 has 5 years of support built in. I don't remember if it has a headphone jack off the top of my head though as the Pixels definitely do not.
The Galaxy A53 debuted this year and doesn't have a headphone jack. The A52 did, but it's not set to get more than four years of security updates and is now over a year old.

and don't worry about headphone jacks or expandable storage.
Nope 3.5 and SD are a must for me. BT eat 2.4 network bandwidths and audio lag make watching video unpleasant. 3.5 adapters just wear out the port faster. SD is for my music, game ROMs, and I tor with my phone since my library stopped people from doing it.
I can live with out updates as long as they're stable and I don't really use cameras that much.

Nope 3.5 and SD are a must for me. BT eat 2.4 network bandwidths and audio lag make watching video unpleasant. 3.5 adapters just wear out the port faster. SD is for my music, game ROMs, and I tor with my phone since my library stopped people from doing it.
I can live with out updates as long as they're stable and I don't really use cameras that much.
Not to dissuade you from your choices, but there are definitely Bluetooth earbuds/headphones with low latency (Apple's AirPods are a good example, but there are Android equivalents). And Bluetooth 5 transmits at 2Mbps — if that's enough to bog down your network, you have larger concerns.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
Not to dissuade you from your choices, but there are definitely Bluetooth earbuds/headphones with low latency (Apple's AirPods are a good example, but there are Android equivalents). And Bluetooth 5 transmits at 2Mbps — if that's enough to bog down your network, you have larger concerns.
I only use BT for my music, I see dips with my BT cans, huge dips using my twin buds.

I would look to see if your current phone supports lineage. Or if the g100 supports lineage

Just trying to give you options as you seem very committed to your specs and you are basically asking for a unicorn which really does not exist.
The G100 checks all the boxes I like, just seeing if there's newer or better than the G100 that has atleast those specs.
My Redmi will be delegated to a torrent downloader and backup phone, tho I have to fix my mic still after the 40pin connector broke off.

Back