Looking for a IPS panel around $300 for productivity first, gaming second

PcZac

Limp Gawd
I've been really wanting to try out a 120hz+ panel, but I prefer better color reproduction because I do some color sensitive work. The display needs to be matte and I cannot deal with dead/stuck pixels.

I've been looking at pixel perfect korean panels, they are right at my budget and 1440p looks awesome, but where's the best place to get them? Ebay, Amazon, Newegg, Monoprice? How different are the various models? Are pixel perfect actually pixel perfect?

Or should I try to go with an ultra wide monitor instead of a 1440p?

I wish Gsync was cheaper, because I do use an Nvidia card...

Last edited:
I recommend Monoprice out of the ones you listed only because their RMA process is impeccable. In the past they have provided shipping labels and (since I'm on the West Coast) I get deliveries from them within a couple days sometimes the very next day. I bought my zero-G IPS from them and I have been more than happy. The first one was replaced right around the 1 year mark. They sent me a power pack but it didn't resolve the issue so they exchanged the complete package and I've had the second for a few months without any issue. (actually this is my 3rd now that I remember because the very first was the 1st edition and then they updated the stand and bezel and offered to upgrade me for free).

Ebay korean monitors don't provide any protection at all in that if something goes wrong you're going to pay all the money you saved in shipping it back.

Newegg doesn't provide shipping labels for RMA's by policy but I have successfully obtained labels from them at no additional cost. YMMV.

Amazon would be a contender with Monoprice except that I haven't made large sized purchases from them and won't comment on their RMA process. I'm not sure their prices are any less expensive than Monoprice and in order to save money you'd probably have to buy refurb or from a 3rd party seller (then the protections go out the window and you're back to an eBay scenario).

So Monoprice/Amazon (direct) are my recommendations.
You could also try craigslist if you're willing to do some searching around and testing in person.

Dell 4K ips is going for ~500, cant beat that for productivity :D

4k just isn't practical right now, takes too much gpu power and has poor UI support.

The only reason I don't want to go wit Monoprice is they have a 5 dead pixel refund policy, and they cost more, I could get a pixel perfect on from Amazon, and easily be able to get a refund or return it if it has any issues within 30 days, but after that, the warranty is a lot less certain.

My understanding from years ago is that the eye is much more sensitive to horizontal lines than vertical lines so a 1080 is objectively worse than 1440 as well as significantly subjectively worse.

Back