looking for a cheap rig just for web surfing and trying windows7rc1

Or you can ANSWER THE STICKY.

A rig to web surf and stick Win7 on? Sounds like any frickkin' computer.

thats what i need any computer. because any computer can do just what i described. web surfing and toying with windows 7

Buy a Dell Inspiron 546 w/ 7750 cpu upgrade for $339

add $30 for windows 7 upgrade, when its out.

Last edited:
Dell mini 9 netbook.
that is what I use mine for and have win7 rc on it.

lol using current system wasnt an option this is for my sister who wants to retire her hp. i linked a barebones at the top wanted to know what you guys think or come up with something to compare the system i linked with.

Doesn't seem too bad, just that she'll be severely limited in the video (hd playback) department (which could be irrelevant anyways).

Barebone is $250 and Dell I suggested is $369... Cost of the windows 7 oem should be about $100. So you are not saving money by building it yourself and plus since it is for your sister. She will enjoy the choice of colors for her new pc.

im gonna use windows 7rc1 and get a video card later. i can get a used 8800gtx for cheap at place where i work.

if you want something just to mess around with.. might be worth checking out the F/S section of the forum and piecing together a basic system to use.. probably would be cheaper and help out the users here trying to offload old hardware that they dont need anymore.. windows 7 will basicly run on anything..

The only thing in that TD barebones I wouldn't trust is the PSU. I agree with sirmonkey, consider used parts.

yeah i dont like the power supply either but i forgot to mention i have a 500watt fortron blue storm laying around or i can take the pc and power and cooling unit out of my socket 939 box so i think im covered with the psu.

Back