Looking for a 3D Printing Service

Down8

2[H]4U
I scanned through, and searched, and didn't see anything discussing printing services. But I know they exist, so wanted some feedback from the [H] crowd. I've been considering a printer myself, but I have a project (for family) that has a short timeline, and I don't expect to have time to buy+get up to speed in time.

Anyway, can anyone recommend a service that could take fairly simple flat drawings and build a 3D model & print it to scale? The real life thing is the size of a car, and I want something the size of an RC car. This thing has a patent, so some level of explicit confidentiality or NDA would be super duper.

Any info is appreciated, whether direct use, or by-reputation.

-bZj

We use The Technology House https://www.tth.com/ here at work. Pricey but pretty decent work.

2D to 3D Conversion​

Our CAD/CAM systems (PTC and SolidWorks) let our engineering team convert 2D prints to solid 3D models quickly and cost-effectively. Our team members are experts in surface modeling.

Maybe reach out to them and get some price ideas.

Alternatively you could try someone on Fiverr. So i know you might want something more middle ground but tth and fiverr are IMO top and bottom of the spectrum.

Might be cheaper to just get a printer and play around in Onshape and go that route.

Reactions: Down8
like this
Back