Looking for 1440P HDR monitor (25 or 27 inch)...

you2

[H]ard|Gawd
I've done a bit of searching but can't find any sort of recommended 25/27 1440P hdr monitors. I know dell has one (S2719DM) but don't know too much about it other than user reviews on bestbuy/amazon. I think samsung also has one but i again I've not seen much in the way of reviews.

The monitor will mostly be used for gaming (game hdr not movie hdr) but i'm ok with 60hz and not too sensitive to input lag that others have issues with as long as it is not outrageous. I prefer the monitor not have horrendous bleed.

Naturally OLED is preferred but those aren't being made yet....

Any suggestions ?

Yeah I want the same thing but as far as I know there isn't anything in the 25" size with high refresh there are a bunch of 27" monitors mainly the LG versions and they are IPS and HDR to boot.

Is there a specific model with excellent screen image or are they pretty much all the same display with different wiz/waz around the display ?

Yeah I want the same thing but as far as I know there isn't anything in the 25" size with high refresh there are a bunch of 27" monitors mainly the LG versions and they are IPS and HDR to boot.

I mean, here is the DisplayHDR list of certified monitors. Nothing below DisplayHDR 600 is worth buying for HDR, and frankly I would consider DisplayHDR 1000 the minimum for a good HDR experience.

Yes, for the 27" size that basically leaves you with the Acer X27/Asus PG27UQ. Yes, it's expensive. No, there's no cheaper, comparable alternative. That's just how it be.

Can you tell me if 144Hz (or even 120Hz) + G-SYNC + HDR all work simultaneously? Apparently they do not on a lot of monitors, due to bandwidth constraints.

The 27" is $343 on Amazon for Prime Day and I'm seriously tempted by it if all of that stuff works at the same time.

On my 32" version of the CHG70, when running the FarCry 5 benchmark (which is an HDR game where HDR is easily noticeable), they all did seem to work together, yes.

HDR was working, easy to tell simply because it was so obvious.

Freesync was definitely working, as you can confirm by going to the information tab of the status menu at any time. It will show the current refresh rate. When Freesync is working, the refresh rate as shown on that information tab will constantly adjust to match the FPS of the game, which it did. Note that this is a Freesync monitor, not a G-Sync monitor, but my experiences with Freesync using my RTX 2080 thus far have been fantastic.

144Hz was working because there were multiple points during the benchmark that did reach that high.

This was with Displayport FYI. I have not even tried HDMI, but I believe it is limited to 120hz when using HDMI.

On my 32" version of the CHG70, when running the FarCry 5 benchmark (which is an HDR game where HDR is easily noticeable), they all did seem to work together, yes.

HDR was working, easy to tell simply because it was so obvious.

Freesync was definitely working, as you can confirm by going to the information tab of the status menu at any time. It will show the current refresh rate. When Freesync is working, the refresh rate as shown on that information tab will constantly adjust to match the FPS of the game, which it did. Note that this is a Freesync monitor, not a G-Sync monitor, but my experiences with Freesync using my RTX 2080 thus far have been fantastic.

144Hz was working because there were multiple points during the benchmark that did reach that high.

This was with Displayport FYI. I have not even tried HDMI, but I believe it is limited to 120hz when using HDMI.

Thanks, I pulled the trigger. I have a 2080 as well so it sounds like it should work for me. I would have preferred the 32" but $350 for the 27" is too good to pass up.

Link; I see it for $400:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07HKKWDZY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1
--
I think you are looking at a different model (which might have hdr but wasn't on the list of certified monitors)

Can you tell me if 144Hz (or even 120Hz) + G-SYNC + HDR all work simultaneously? Apparently they do not on a lot of monitors, due to bandwidth constraints.

The 27" is $343 on Amazon for Prime Day and I'm seriously tempted by it if all of that stuff works at the same time.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That monitor sounds great. I had a quick look but unfortunately it's not on special in canada/amazon.ca. At $731 cad it's probably not super unreasonable but it's more than I want to spend. Too bad too because a bunch of other samsung monitors are on sale on amazon.ca for prime day but they're not freesync 2 and not hdr so really not in the same league at all.

Back