Looking for 1.8" SSD

mpoon2489

Weaksauce
I'm looking for a 1.8" SSD for my laptop. I really wanted to get the Intel x18-m G2 SSD, but it seems like Intel has only paper launched this product. Upon searching the interwebs, I couldn't come up with a 1.8" SSD that had performance near the Intel.

I don't particularly care which controller I use, but I do want the SSD to support TRIM. Does this SSD exist?

any reason to not get a 2.5" drive?
...because it won't fit?

I've only come across the Intel and Samsung ones. I personally have one of the Samsung ones and it is considerably slower than the Intel (but it is SLC).

Seems doubtful. That form factor is generally used in devices where drive performance is not essential. At least I've never heard of such a thing.

Seems doubtful. That form factor is generally used in devices where drive performance is not essential. At least I've never heard of such a thing.

Not anymore. A lot of laptops are moving to 1.8" drives because of SSDs.

Yeah, I have the Envy 13. The laptop didn't say it was 1.8" so I bought a x25-m and found out it didn't fit when I opened my laptop, lol. So I'm just on a hunt for the 1.8". I don't need it _real_ soon and it seems like Intel launched the x18-m g2 at the same time as the x25-m so it can't be too far away before it's in stock right?

Also, just in case it never comes out, how crucial is TRIM in terms of performance? I might end up just buying the x18-m G1 if TRIM isn't that big of a deal.

Back