Lone Industries L2: Dual slot version of L1 anyone?

I'll be getting my L3 in the mail today, anyone got theirs? I'll post my built this weekend

Lucky! I don't get mine until Tuesday. I was the first one to order but I'm all the way at the bottom of the map in Louisiana lol

Received mine yesterday, still waiting on a PSU though.

since SSD's theoretically only need 5V of power, I've been toying with the idea of powering mine off the USB header. It can provide up to 4W, and the SSD i have only pulls 2.5W maximum, it should be possible!

Current setup, planning on replacing my old Atom based firewall.
G3258
ASrock H97m-ITX/ac
8GB G.Skill
HP NC364T 4x Gbit card.

hzoh3ZQl.jpg

Received mine yesterday, still waiting on a PSU though.

since SSD's theoretically only need 5V of power, I've been toying with the idea of powering mine off the USB header. It can provide up to 4W, and the SSD i have only pulls 2.5W maximum, it should be possible!

I've seen SSDs powered off of fan headers, if that helps!

man I'm trying to build mines and this thing is a tight fit for my existing built if you put in a HD Plex 250 you have no room to mount any drives lol and the cryorig c1 fits but leaves really tight spaces for wires and hard drives

man I'm trying to build mines and this thing is a tight fit for my existing built if you put in a HD Plex 250 you have no room to mount any drives lol and the cryorig c1 fits but leaves really tight spaces for wires and hard drives

So the Cryorig C1 fits in the L3? What motherboard are you using? I'm curious if the Cryorig C1 will fit in this case with an asus impact motherboard and 750 ti

So the Cryorig C1 fits in the L3? What motherboard are you using? I'm curious if the Cryorig C1 will fit in this case with an asus impact motherboard and 750 ti

I'm using that exact same setup you mentioned lol

ZWOOVGCl.jpg

Here's my L3 next to my V3

JApA5Osl.jpg

It's a tight squeeze and with the C1 you can only fit 1 HD, and you if you squeeze in the HDplex 250 you have no room for HD at all...so i had to use my HDPlex 160...

XtV06GMl.jpg

so the C1 fits just right no room to spare lol

I'm running a i5 4590, asus maximus impact vii and galaxy 750ti. There are NO room for additional fans if you want a fan, it means no graphics card also if you want a big cooler like cryoric C1 you have no room for 2 hard drives, as one barely fits and definitely no room for the HDPlex 250 or you are left with no hard drive space.

Anyways i hope my 160 powers my set up good im running off a dell 240W brick

Last edited:
I'm glad the C1 fit for you! How's the alignment of the C1 fan with the side panel vent?

Yeah if you don't mind could you take a picture of the side panel on chaego. I'm glad you posted pictures though. Definitely ease my mind about fitment. I just have to get a low profile gpu now

Yeah if you don't mind could you take a picture of the side panel on chaego. I'm glad you posted pictures though. Definitely ease my mind about fitment. I just have to get a low profile gpu now

sure here's a pic of it with the lid on. One problem is that since the lid is so close to the fan it enhances the noise of the fan so its super loud. I found that taking off the lid reduces the fan noise a lot.

VtymSvXl.jpg

so I put spacers between the lid to reduce the fan noise you can see through the clearance here the C1 just fits

lnLXUjcl.jpg

Last edited:
What kind of spacers did you use? Mine come in today so I might order some spacers as well to reduce the noise

What kind of spacers did you use? Mine come in today so I might order some spacers as well to reduce the noise

mines are just red alloy washers actually purely for looks. I'm gonna get some rubber washers to reduce vibration you'll need longer screws BTW

Searching for "M3 flat head washer" will turn up some results, but I guess you don't need the flat head variety for the spacing the panel out. The flat head screws that come with the L3 are M3-0.50 x 6 mm DIN 7991 black oxide.

Last edited:
I did some tests with the vented and non vent panels against the Cryorig C1 cooler.

With the vented panel i get louder fan noise and my cpu stays cool at 38 degrees

but if i swap for the non vented panel the fan noise is reduced but my cpu temp jumps to 48 degrees

this is kind of a high jump but it I think it isn't bad and might be worth it for the low noise.

Did you try adjusting your fan speed in the Asus qfan control in the bios? Maybe make a profile where it stay very quiet until some heavy work is done

Good point ivoryg37. What is your idle CPU fan speed? At idle, the fan should be spinning so slow that even if it is right next to the vented side panel it shouldn't make much more noise, if any. Putting a solid side panel 0.5 mm over the fan is pretty scary. I imagine if you turned the CPU fan off completely you might see similar temps as having a solid side panel blocking it!

How is the gpu suppose to be mounted? It seems that my pcie hole isn't threaded. The top one isn't but the bottom one is but single slot gpu would have to use the top hole

Good point ivoryg37. What is your idle CPU fan speed? At idle, the fan should be spinning so slow that even if it is right next to the vented side panel it shouldn't make much more noise, if any. Putting a solid side panel 0.5 mm over the fan is pretty scary. I imagine if you turned the CPU fan off completely you might see similar temps as having a solid side panel blocking it!

yea you're right my idle speed is around 850 rpm the fan itself is loud but it does a good job cooling the cpu. I'll try the bios but might consider switch to a smaller cooler if the noise really bothers me.

I hope it isn't too loud. I guess I have to wait until I get it.

I just ran the qfan control and set to silent it actually helped way quietier than before but I might switch to a smaller cooler though for less noise since this fan is loud in general

I just ran the qfan control and set to silent it actually helped way quietier than before but I might switch to a smaller cooler though for less noise since this fan is loud in general

If you have the z97 vii you should try running the qfan tuner that automatically sets a profile for your fan. This helped me a lot on one of my watercool build and made it extremely silent

If you have the z97 vii you should try running the qfan tuner that automatically sets a profile for your fan. This helped me a lot on one of my watercool build and made it extremely silent

yea that's what I did in bios, its quieter but not silent lol

i got a used HP 180W 19V 9.5A and the hdplex 160w arrived today so i finally test it and everything is working great

Does anyone know if anyone still have the 750 ti low profile 2gb for sale? I'm looking everywhere but can only find the 1gb Zotac 750 ti

Does anyone know if anyone still have the 750 ti low profile 2gb for sale? I'm looking everywhere but can only find the 1gb Zotac 750 ti

I can't find any either. I think they're phasing them out, perhaps in anticipation of a GTX 950 launch.

Back