LOL so um the GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-DS4 just dropped $100

it's up to the board mfgr to decide on the dimm config.

but that's the ds4, not the ds6.

still a good board tho!

never said it was the 6 it dropped $100 from last time I looked at it. Theres 2 diff Gigabyte boards on clubit I dunno the difference. They also are sold out of their phenoms I saw that the boards support the 8000 series chips "tri cores" I think I'm curious when they are coming out and what they are going to be priced at.

judging that quad core is coming out at $250+ range. Tri-core, by the time they come out, will probalby be in the sub$200 area.

As far as rumors go, we're looking at Q2 2008 for Tricore and dualcore. And hopefully in quantity. With the very recent discovery of the TLB errata, everything's getting delayed.

Well Anandtech has it's review of the phenoms out. I can't say I'm super impressed, if they priced these cheaper than the Q6600s then it would make sense. I will agree AMD selling processors 100Mhz higher than the other is just stupid. Q1 There is supposed to be a price drop no doubt since early adopters are going to snatch these up now. But Q1 Intel is set to release it's new c2d 45nm chips. I'd take a 45nm chip over a current Quad core so I think AMD is going to have to price these real competitive. Plus paying $250-300 for a high end 790fx mobo isn't gonna make them much money if people aren't going to be picking up AMD so I'm sure they are going to get some pressure.

Well Anandtech has it's review of the phenoms out. I can't say I'm super impressed, if they priced these cheaper than the Q6600s then it would make sense. I will agree AMD selling processors 100Mhz higher than the other is just stupid. Q1 There is supposed to be a price drop no doubt since early adopters are going to snatch these up now. But Q1 Intel is set to release it's new c2d 45nm chips. I'd take a 45nm chip over a current Quad core so I think AMD is going to have to price these real competitive. Plus paying $250-300 for a high end 790fx mobo isn't gonna make them much money if people aren't going to be picking up AMD so I'm sure they are going to get some pressure.

The 45nm chips (dual and quad) being oc'd on overclockers.com and XS are total beasts !! :eek: 4.7Ghz on air,low volts,with a Thermaktake V1. :eek:

The 45nm chips (dual and quad) being oc'd on overclockers.com and XS are total beasts !! :eek: 4.7Ghz on air,low volts,with a Thermaktake V1. :eek:

anyone know if or when AMD plans to go 45nm. Anyone want to bet if they do it will be in a new socket too?

Glow, that's not the 790FX Gigabyte board. The 790X has always been priced $100 cheaper. Jesus, people. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

790FX vs 790X

Jesus I watched this board and 3 hours before it was $100 more. Take a look at when I made this post it wasn't this afternoon :rolleyes:

Jesus I watched this board and 3 hours before it was $100 more. Take a look at when I made this post it wasn't this afternoon :rolleyes:

Pretty sure you watched the FX board. :rolleyes: The Gigabyte 790X has been $169.99 since Newegg posted it maybe a week or so ago. :rolleyes:

the non-existant 790FX DS4? or you mean he was looking @ the DQ6

C'mon now. :D

Just curious though, is anyone planning on picking up either of these? I'm curious about the difference in crossfire performance between these 2 boards. You've got a full 32 PCIe lanes devoted to 2 cards on the 790FX vs 16 on the 790X. But the 16 PCIe2.0 lanes on the 790X should be equivalent to 32 full PCIe1.0 lanes on the older Crossfire 3200 chipset, which supposedly never really had issues with bandwidth saturation.

It would be interesting to see a performance comparison between the Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe and the M2R32-MVP (or the MSI K9A platinum and the K9A2 platinum) in crossfire.

Back