Logitech z623 or corsair sp2500

dave25211

n00b
Good morning everyone. I am looking to buy a new set of speakers for my computer. My usage is mostly gaming but would also include movies and music but mostly gaming.

I have read over reviews of these two systems and I know the are designed as "computer speakers" so they are not going to be as good or high end as going with a pair of bookshelf speakers and amp. I am not an audiophile but I do enjoy quality audio and best bang for my buck.

Here's my delema, I can get both of these systems for around the same price. I know some will suggest the klipsch promedia 2.1, I bought them a while back and had to return them because either I got a defective unit (very light bass, and sounded hollow or as if sound was coming through a tunnel) or I just didn't like the sound of them.

I have a sound blaster z sound card and I feel it would do a good job of pushing either set listed above.

I am just wondering what set do you all feel is better?

Thanks for your time!

ended up getting a set of used sp2500 for $100 - going to give them a try and if they suck then ill get the z623 or something else.

They are worth that price. They are NOT worth the usual retail selling price. One of the few products from Corsair that does not impress me, especially at the asking price.

I'd pay $100 for them though. No damage done there.

The Klipsch ProMedia 2.1's are around that price range and sound much better, especially for music, IMHO.

Wow $100, yeah can't go wrong. I heard the SP2500s a couple years back and they're ok but prefer the Klipsch. I'm also a pretty big Corsair fan in general and agree with TechLarry. That's one of their more disappointing products for the price they charge. They're just not an audio company so I don't hold it against them.

Back