Logitech Z-5500 Speaker System $215 with Free shipping

The price is even lower through Dell Outlet ($203). Just ordered my pair. You can also get an additional 3% off using Fat Wallet, and another 2% off using a Dell Preferred Account.

Total came to $209 with 5% MA tax, and I should get another $4.06 depoisted into my Fat Wallet account.

I love my Z-5500 speakers. When I lived in an apt., I'm sure my neighbors didn't, but I no longer have to worry about that. :cool: I think I paid ~$220'ish in Summer 2005 from Dell. It also came w/ a fee cheap Dell inkjet printer.

Speakers are ok, they look good and control "center" is pretty nice. They also play highs pretty ok and are pretty loud without much distortion.

Unfortunately the sub is pretty much garbage. It doesn't play below 50hz and what it plays, comes out heavily distorted played by a paper woofer... It lacks "meat".

Coming to think about it there is no way around buying stand alone sub with any, regardless of how expensive, computer speakers system...

They're a damn nice setup with a good soundcard. Just be careful, it's extremely easy to piss off the neighbors with these :D

Enjoy!

this is a great buy!!!no complains at all, all i did was upgrade the speaker wires to monster i think 14 or 16 just cant remember..

Speakers are ok, they look good and control "center" is pretty nice. They also play highs pretty ok and are pretty loud without much distortion.

Unfortunately the sub is pretty much garbage. It doesn't play below 50hz and what it plays, comes out heavily distorted played by a paper woofer... It lacks "meat".

Coming to think about it there is no way around buying stand alone sub with any, regardless of how expensive, computer speakers system...

You're dead wrong about the sub. I have a sound file that plays tones at various frequencies starting at mid bass (~80 Hz) and dropping all the way down to below 20 Hz. I can hear it up to the low 30s before the sound disappears. Perhaps you just have bad hearing if you can't hear below 50 Hz. Or a defective sub.

They're a damn nice setup with a good soundcard. Just be careful, it's extremely easy to piss off the neighbors with these :D

Enjoy!
When I researched this speaker set in Summer 2005, one of the most convincing reviews I read mentioned, "These speakers are so good, you''ll piss off deaf neighbors." That was in reference to the reviewer sharing his office wall with a deaf female neighbor. Apparently, he cranked these Logitech speakers so high up that he knocked down picture frames of her wall. :eek: :D

I remember I bought a set in December of 05 for $219 shipped from Amazon. Figured I was getting a deal, but didn't know they'd skyrocket to like $260 a month after I bought them.

Great investment I'd say.

Ah yes, that's the review! That single review sold me on these speakers and I couldn't be happier. :cool:

For anyone wondering, I previously had EV Sonic X 2.1 speakers. They were great, but died after a lightning strike/power spike. :( They were connected to cheap power strip surge protector. I now have these Logitech speakers connected to an APC UPS that has a $5k or $10k guarantee. :)

such a damn good deal

I paid 300 for these at the Egg 6 months ago. But still, these, along with my Westy, have made the most impressive cpu set-up I could have ever imagined for the money/quality.

such a damn good deal

I paid 300 for these at the Egg 6 months ago. But still, these, along with my Westy, have made the most impressive cpu set-up I could have ever imagined for the money/quality.

qft, my thoughts exactly.. Can't wait for that setup this summer.

Great surround sound system. Ide vouch for this.. I picked mine up on the weekend.

<333333333333 them

[ T ] A C O;1031092082 said:
I love my Z680s, but If I had the cash I would order.

FYI - the Z5500s use silly plug connections instead of real speakerwire clamps so you can't easily replace the wire with upgraded wiring like you can with the Z-680s. I'm hanging onto my Z-680s because of this.

FYI - the Z5500s use silly plug connections instead of real speakerwire clamps so you can't easily replace the wire with upgraded wiring like you can with the Z-680s. I'm hanging onto my Z-680s because of this.

Not on mine they don't, theres no*plugs* what so ever.

Not on mine they don't, theres no*plugs* what so ever.

Mine just has terminals on both the sub/amp and speaker ends. Replacing the cable is as easy as stripping ends and inserting into speaker terminal. As a matter of fact, I routed my own speaker cable in wall/ceiling (with four pair terminal plate in the wall) and have satellites hanging down in the corners, without a single cable in sight.

mine has regular speaker wires...it might be because you have an old version or the first batch of the z5500 because I think heard that before its either that or the z5300, mine is a monster speaker wire so its just a standard speaker wires...

Back