Logitech Wave Pro Wireless Mouse/Keyboard Quit

CanonicalAbstract

Special Attention Whore
So, I was using my computer as normal, about to start working on some photographs that I have taken for my professional gallery. I also went to plug my blackberry Storm in to start a backup that I needed to do.

As I plugged the storm in, my Logitech Wave Pro keyboard and mouse just stopped working, right out of the blue.

To troubleshoot, I plugged the receiver into a few different USB ports, and nothing. I then plugged the receiver into my AA1 (which I am posting from now), and it worked without a problem.

And now when I restart my computer, I get a 'No Keyboard Detected / Press F1 to Continue' (how in the hell am I supposed to do that???).

Anyone come across this before? Any ideas on how to resolve?
And.... I do not have any wired keyboard / mice as backup. Won't have those until Monday at the earliest.

Thanks!

I also like to add that I won't have a wired keyboard / mouse until after Monday, since I need to borrow the stuff from my cube at work.

But if anyone has any ideas on how I can get this working, that would be greatly appreciated.

And now when I restart my computer, I get a 'No Keyboard Detected / Press F1 to Continue' (how in the hell am I supposed to do that???).

I get that a lot with my usb keyboard (I end up just using a ps/2 keyboard to get past it). But really, who programmed that? How are you supposed to hit F1 if there's no keyboard?!

Figured it out...

I ended up buying a new MS Natural 4000 and Microsoft Optical wheel mouse (both wired), and ultimately had to power down the PC, flip the switch on the PSU for 10 seconds, fire everything back up, and good as new. Strange but true...

So now I'm considering selling the WAVE set...

Figured it out...

I ended up buying a new MS Natural 4000 and Microsoft Optical wheel mouse (both wired), and ultimately had to power down the PC, flip the switch on the PSU for 10 seconds, fire everything back up, and good as new. Strange but true...

So now I'm considering selling the WAVE set...

I'm using a Wave right now - it is the lightest and cheapest feeling "midrange" keyboard from Logitech I've ever used.

Not sure what all the hoopla's about. I like the media buttons and all, but it's pretty ordinary.

Its probably a dead receiver. Call up Logitech and they will send you a new receiver.

yep probably receiver (have you check batteries? or the on-off switch)
my receiver was dead a couple months ago, and logitech gave me a replacement.

edit: must be the receiver, i tried turning off mine and turn on the PC, there's no POST error about 'No Keyboard Detected/Press F1 to continue'

Back