Logitech MX700 cordless autoscroll sucks! Jumpy and jittery, Anyone else?? Any fixes?

Elijah

Limp Gawd
I have this nice new Logitech cordless MX700 keyboard and mouse and they work great except for the auto scroll (i think that is the name) Where you press in the scroll wheel and it turns to a 4 way arrow then you move the mouse whichever way you want and it goes that way? I think it is auto scroll. It jumps all over and doesnt hold a scroll either, on my $7 aopen corded I can do a auto scroll and it will scroll a webpage nice and slow.

The 2 page up and down buttons are jumpy also and not smooth at all.

Is there a fix for this I searched all over logitechs site and gave up. Registry settings anything I NEED auto scroll back, I love autoscroll especially for moving left and right on the screen when all of you [H] folk post pictures that are 3000 pixels wide :)

Thanks for any help

Sounds like a bad mouse?

Try it on a different computer... I'm using the MX700 mouse/keyboard combination now with no issues... The autoscroll you speak of it is smooth as silk when I use it.

Or try *shudder* downloading Logitech drivers for the mouse, as a last resort.

I am using logitechs mouse drivers right now. I installed the whole cd like it said to. I went to windows update and try and get there drivers but none showed up.

Should I uninstall logitech mouseware 9.79?? Or just uninstall the drivers and then windows will put one in? Maybe I will try that.

Thanks

I tried uninstalling the mouse and drivers and it keeps reverting back to logitech drivers, I dunno the mouse seems to work fine other than that crap.

Thanks for any more help.

Which drivers are you using??

I use the same mouse with the latest logitech drivers and the autoscroll is pretty silky. If the drivers keep reinstalling make sure that any installation directory that could have been created on the previous install is deleted. Other than that, maybe theres some driver removal tool that can clean out any logitech driver remnants.

Back