Logitech mx 5000 lag Help :(

DRJ1014

Supreme [H]ardness
So I recently was given anew Vizio 37 inch 1080p 50,000:1 120 hz LCD HDTV. Hooked it up with a VGA -> VGA cable (tried DVI-D to HDMI and all the others and VGA seems to give the best results) after hooking it up and getting a clear picture I noticed right at the start that my mouse has about .3 seconds of lag to it. Same with my keyboard.

It happens in games and while on the desktop. I have updated the video drivers and am running at the recommended resolution of 1980x1080.

The bluetooth USB is plugged into the extension it came with and is sitting about 1 foot away from the TV and about 2 feet away from the mouse and keyboard. My tower is also about 1 foot away from the receiver.

With this lag it makes it almost impossible to get a good game in of anything. The mouse and keyboard lag is very noticeable in games just by pressing "W" for walk i can tap it then about .3 seconds later the player will move.

It never did this with my 22 inch LCD monitor.

Is there something I need to configure to make this lag go away or is the mouse just not going to be compatible with hooking up a HDTV to the computer?

Sounds like you have some bad input lag on that tv. Have you tried using a different mouse to see if that makes a difference? If you are running in 120hz mode that will cause severe lag as addition prcessing is done on the input signal.

So I went out and purchased a XFX Radeon HD 5770. Have the TV plugged through HDMI and my LCD screen through DVI-D. The TV has such a better picture. No more problem with colors shading to a different color (grays look pinkish). So that fixed that problem...

but the problem of the mouse/keyboard lag is still there. I think it may just be the mouse and keyboard since its got a bluetooth connection I think its just lag between it the computer and the TV. I am going to try and switch the keyboard and mouse once I can get out to pick them up and well see if that fixes it.

Well, at least you were given the Vizio, otherwise there would be grounds to complain. However, that is most likely your problem. Vizio is, in my personal opinion, a waste of money. If you can afford it, investing in a nice Dell monitor would help. I still have my 20.5 in Widescreen Dell monitor I bought back in 04. Works just fine - no lost or stuck pixels. Just a suggestion for ya. Hope you get everything figured out.

Back