Logitech keyboard + mouse

jort

n00b
Hi

I was wondering if this Logitech Keyboard and mouse was good for gaming. They are both wireless. Has anyone got any experience with these, especially the mouse, for gaming?

Product picture:
logitech8ou.jpg

Product page: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=2162,CONTENTID=9950

IMHO, the mouse (the famous MX1000) is a good one -- for everyday use. Not the best for gaming, however. The keyboard is just adequate, however -- in fact, it is the same keyboard as the one in the LX700 Cordless Desktop set, but with a different receiver.

Put both wireless devices together, and you'll very often end up with something that may be less than the sum of its parts. Many wireless (cordless) keyboard/mouse combos lag severely due to their sharing the same sensor in the same transmitter.

If you game, and you want a wireless mouse, then you'll be better off getting the keyboard and mouse separately. Too bad virtually all keyboards sold separately from mice are wired.

The tiny F-keys and the strangely positioned arrows look like they'd take quite a bit of getting used to.

I don't like their keyboards much. Then again I'm not fond of "media keyboards" in general.

Recently bought an MX1000 to replace a Microsoft Wireless Intellimouse. On one side it helped because of the higher res sensor, on the other hand I feel like I have a harder time with fine control of the cursor than before, and the drivers interact oddly with some programs.

If the Razer came wireless and with a base charger, I'd hit it in a second.

Othersider said:
The tiny F-keys and the strangely positioned arrows look like they'd take quite a bit of getting used to.

Well i'm used to a laptop keyboard, so the arrow keys are also a bit different, but therefore i need some time to get used to it anyway :).

Back