Logitech G5/G7 Owners

batmanwcm

Gawd
I just recently got in on the G7 deal at Amazon and I wasn't sure how great of an upgrade it would have been coming from a MX1000 that I loved, but for $16.82 after rebate, I could not resist. Now that I have it installed, I absolutely love it. It's missing 2 thumb buttons that I had on the MX1000 but I barely use those buttons anyway. Although it's finish is glossy, something I did not like, I have to say that I'm already getting used to it.

The G7's is so much more responsive than the MX1000. Before getting the G7, I never would have thought that a cordless mouse will be as responsive and precise as a corded mouse. I'm currently getting used to the DPI switch whichI absolutely love. It's a lot lighter than the MX1000 which is a plus.

I've mapped my my scrool left and right buttons to copy and paste since I never really need to scroll side to side.

I'm using a crappy free Dell mousepad and am now currently searching for a better pad. I'm steering toward the Func F-series right now. I'm just wonderig what mouse pads current owners are using with their G5's and G7's.

Well, it's not a G- Series, but with my Copperhead and MX518 I've preferred the Icemats over the fUnc. Not sure why. It just felt much better. I think I'm in one hell of a minority, though :(

I've read that the G5/G7 laser had problems tracking on an Icemat because it has a glossy glass-like surface.

I use a Func Archtype, havent had any issues.best pad ive ever had,other than the original func 1030 I own.

I went from a G5 to a G7... great mice.. I like the tail-less version better. :)
I am using this pad and love it... tracks with -extreme- precision and glides with ease. You can't tell from the pic, but it's a super nicely crafted pad... the surface has the perfect amount of physical paterns to feel smooth but has edges for the laser to bounce off of, the milling of the edges is clean, and it's just really well constructed..

batmanwcm said:
I've read that the G5/G7 laser had problems tracking on an Icemat because it has a glossy glass-like surface.
That is a possibility, because I'm not using a G- Series. I do have the Copperhead, though, which is a laser as opposed to an optical, and it is by far the smoothest mousing experience that I've ever had.

Back