Logitech G400 Mouse $20.00 Bestbuy

Just bought this mouse for 30 on amazon, love it. A worthy successor to the MX518 that finally bit the dust.

wow, you cant beat this deal. I have 2 mx518s and a g400 so I dont need this but best deal I have ever seen on this. Best mouse out there.

Great price for top notch FPS gaming mouse.

I have been using one for almost a month and its a very good mouse for gaming and general use. Definitely one of the best modern FPS gaming mice.

Thanks OP... I got a $100 BB gift card for switching to Time Warner and there isn't much they sell for reasonable prices I can spend it IMO... so this gives me something worth it to buy.

There are 4 stores that had stock in my area. Weird. I did however snag the last one in the store closest to me.

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!
Capture-1_zps24af77e9.jpg

I bet if you walked into a Best Buy store you could find a shelf-full of them. That inventory availability tracker is pretty much crap 75% of the time.

Just a heads up this is a very old mouse, good even great, but really old. If you're going to buy it, buy at least two because they will soon stop making them!

Just a heads up this is a very old mouse, good even great, but really old. If you're going to buy it, buy at least two because they will soon stop making them!

false information. and if anything, that's all the more reason to buy it. keep the receipt. logitech's warranty is unparalleled (well I guess msft is even better.. just phone them up and they'll send you a replacement mouse no questions asked).

when it does get obsoleted, and if you're still under warranty, they'll just send you the newer model without asking for the old mouse back.

honestly, i think the g400 would suit me best (all i play is cs). i loved the mx518 more than any other logitech mouse (g5 is complete trash. they ruined the ergonomics here).

i got the g9 dented box special a few years ago. died. logitech sent out a g9x. died. logitech made me send mine back this time (g9x still current), but provided return shipping label. got new g9x. died. logitech is now shipping me a g600. i don't know how i'm gonna feel about this mouse since i don't play mmos... had the choice between g500 and g600, but i'm terrified the g500 would be too similar to the g5 (which i took a hammer to).

too bad this isn't available online. i'd definitely have picked one up as backup.

where are you getting that from? the G400 is really nothing more than an MX518 but it is not that old and is most certainly not being replaced by a completely different mouse. there is a new model that will take its place but it will be basically the same exact mouse except with a grippier hand surface.

hmmm its not an old mouse, its a re release really, so many people liked the mx518 that they released the g400, it hasnt even been out that long and its a pretty great mouse. I use one everyday and even though I prefer teh mx518 (which I use on a different computer), the g400 is also excellent and it looks better.

Does the wheel click when you scroll it or is it a smooth scroll? I just bought the G500 for $34 after tax and free shipping from Amazon but I'm not super happy with the smooth scrolling and would return it for the G400 if that has it.

Does the wheel click when you scroll it or is it a smooth scroll? I just bought the G500 for $34 after tax and free shipping from Amazon but I'm not super happy with the smooth scrolling and would return it for the G400 if that has it.
Yes, its a click-type scrolling mouse. I have the G400, got it for 30 off Amazon about a couple months ago. 20 bucks is an excellent price for a starter/basic no-frills gaming mouse.

So how can I buy it if it is unavailable for in store pickup or shipping?
Motherfuckers. Not much of a deal then is it?

So how can I buy it if it is unavailable for in store pickup or shipping?
Motherfuckers

It's unavailable for shipping but it's available at certain stores. Just because your store doesn't have any in stock doesn't mean its OOS for others.

What do you mean by smooth scrolling? Did you toggle between smooth scrolling and indexed? I have the G500 (love it but a G400 would have been welcome) and I rarely use the smooth scrolling toggle switch.

Yeah, click the button right under the scroll wheel on the G500, turns it into a click scroll. I was so unhappy I even made a thread about it, but these guys set me straight, lol.

Last edited:
anyone want to even trade one of these g400s for a half-day-old g600? got one as a replacement for my busted g9x, and i can't use it. i can see it being a nice mouse for mmo or photoshopping, but i won't be able to adapt to it for counterstrike.

i was offered either a g500 or g600 as a replacement and went with the g600 because i was afraid the g500 would be too similar to the g5 (which i ragequit and chucked in the trash a year or so ago).

if the g400 has the exact same feel as the mx518, i'll probably be in love.

figure this stupid thing sells for some money...

btw what's the difference between this and mx518?

Absolutely nothing. It _is_ an MX518, just with a new name.

And the halves are all interchangeable going back to the original MX500...I've been swapping my blue mx510 top cap onto new guts for years. :)

Last edited:
got 2, one for when i travel, and one for a friend who helps me rebuild engines and killed his 518.

i used the 518 straight through til i got the world of warcraft mouse, only reason i don't go back full time are the two buttons beside the scrollwheel on the wowmouse.

using the g500 here at work from the amazon deal, looking forward to how the 400 stacks up.

Back