Logitech G15 mini FAQ

Zardoz

2[H]4U
Here is some questions that people have been asking I hope this helps:

Logitech G15 mini FAQ:

Q: What can you do with the G keys?

The keyboard has 18 programmable G keys, arranged in three groups of six on the left side of the keyboard. You can assign various quick-access actions to the G keys, such as macros and shortcuts.

Q what are the M keys?

The M keys (mode keys) are labeled M1 to M3. You can customize the G keys and M keys on an application specific basis using the Profiler software. The M keys let you program up to three sets of assignments for all 18 G keys. At any given time the G keys are in one of the three possible modes (M1, M2, or M3) and the relevant LED is lit to indicate the current mode. To change mode, simply press the relevant M key.

Q: What is the MR key?

The MR key can be used to record quick, on-the-fly macros which can be assigned to any of the G keys, overriding any assignments made in the current profile.

Q: can you adjust the level of the light of the keys and LCD?

Yes, there are 3 levels off, low and high.

Q: Does the G15 have that stupid flock-key?

NO! this has be replace by the G keys and are fully programmable.

Q: Is it true that you can turn off the windows keys?

YES! The G15 has a switch for desktop mode and gaming mode. Gaming mode turns off the Windows keys.

Q: What does the LCD do?

At the top of the keyboard is an LCD screen that can keep you informed of what's happening both in your game and in other events on your computer and keyboard, such as Profiler, media, and other applications. For example, you may be able to see media information on the LCD screen while at the same time you are playing a full-screen game. Accompanying the LCD screen are buttons that you can use to select menu items.

Q: Does the CPU Monitor Support Dual Core / Multi CPU?

Yes, The Bar is split in half and shows both CPUs.

Q: What Media appacations works with the G15 LCD?

At this time; WMP9+, iTunes 4.5+,Winamp, RealPlayer, Sonique (2 beta), MediaLife, Musicmatch will work.

Q: Winamp does not work with media keys, whats worng?

You need to enable hotkeys in winamp...

Q: How much does the G15 cost?

MSRP is $79.99 I have seen it on the web for about $60.00ish.

Q: How big is the keyboard?

21.75" w / 8.75"d /2'h with the lcd closed and the feet up on the bottom.

21.75"w / 9" d / 3.75" h with lcd opened

Q: Are there USB ports on the keyboard?

Yes, the keyboard has a integrated USB self-powered hub containing two external USB ports. This is good for connecting up to two low power devices.

damn... now I really want one.

edit: thanks for answering these questions btw

You could always add that the LCD, when showing CPU usage, shows dual-core usage by splitting the bar into two rows instead of one. This way you can see what each core is doing, which only get more helpful in the future.

blurredvision said:
You could always add that the LCD, when showing CPU usage, shows dual-core usage by splitting the bar into two rows instead of one. This way you can see what each core is doing, which only get more helpful in the future.

Done and thanks....

If you guys happened to not see it, I posted a nice review of the keyboard in yesterdays new chaos. Everything I have read about it has been pretty positive.

My keyboard tray is exactly 21.5 inches wide. I dont know if this keyboard will fit good enough :(

Cool, I was wondering why I couldn't get winamp to work with the media keys, had me very aggravated. The only other issue i noticed with this thing is that upon startup with the keyboard I would get intermittent functionality. The keyboard will periodically flash and lose functionality for a few seconds then resume function(the backlit keys will start back up, the LCD will turn back on, etc.). i think it is still a continuing issue, that I will try and sort out further once I get back from work. I will also get the found new hardware device sound serveral times when i lose functionality with the keyboard. Anyone have any ideas? I might just have to take this thing back if I can't get it worked out.

My question is this...

How many keys can be pressed at once before it locks the keyboard?

Alright i picked one up at bestbuy tonight. It does fit on my keyboard tray after all. But the lcd is pointles since its under my desk now.

Back