Logitech Acquires Saitek

Straypuft

Limp Gawd
Creating a More Immersive Gaming Experience – Logitech Acquires Saitek - Blog

Creating a More Immersive Gaming Experience – Logitech Acquires Saitek
posted on SEPTEMBER 15, 2016 by UJESH DESAI in PC GAMING with NO COMMENTSon creating a more immersive gaming experience – logitech acquires saitek

It’s an exciting day for Logitech G. We just acquired the Saitek brand and the Saitek line of flight, farm and space simulation game controllers. They’re the go-to products for anyone into games like Elite Dangerous, Eve Valkyrie, Star Citizen, Microsoft Flight Simulator and Farm Simulator.

There’s a whole list of reasons why this makes us excited…

First, these products are just great. We know a thing or two at Logitech about what makes a gaming product stand out and these products deliver exceptional experiences. Don’t take our word for it – we’ve seen the Saitek fans on the forums.

Second, simulation games are cool and getting cooler. Whether you’re into driving, flying or exploring space, there are fresh new titles available and more to come. Some of these titles are even VR enabled and we believe that dedicated controllers will stimulate and enhance the total VR experience.

Last and most importantly, we’re excited to be a bigger part of the simulation community. We already make gaming wheels for the driving simulation market and this new line of products will provide an even more complete experience. We care about this space and want to do right by its fans. We have a vision that will take these products further, faster. Stay tuned for future updates, as we further integrate the Saitek products into our overall Logitech G portfolio.

I do hope they keep the Pro Flight line going with new and innovative products and maybe fix the problems that many people are having/saying about the X-56 Flight Stick as I want to get one but am irked by wiring problems and phantom button presses..

I'm guessing that Saitek will be Logitech's "specialty sub-line" for sim-focused products?

Huh. Well I didn't see that coming. Saitek's experience with quality controllers combined with Logitech's money could be very good. Logitech has been doing a pretty good job lately with peripherals so I wouldn't be surprised if this works out well for everyone.

The QC issues of the last few years are probably entirely MadCatz's fault. MadCatz has always had shit QC on their products. Before MadCatz bought them Saitek's stuff was generally pretty solid. So hopefully Logitech's good QC will be what Saitek ends up with.

My brother in law works for Logitech and he gets me stuff for free once in a while. Maybe he can hook me up with some Saitek peripherals. Never tried them before.

Wait. Did madcatz sell the Saitek brand to Logitech? It was my understanding that Saitek was already bought out to madcatz

It's funny to see this happen, seeing as Logitech cut down their joystick lineup to one model that hasn't been updated in years. How long do you think they'll keep the Saitek brand? 1-2 years before merging it into the all-encompassing Logitech Gaming brand?

Worst thing madcatz did was replace the Saitek brand with madcatz on a lot of their "Saitek" devices which made it confusing as far as branding goes

I don't think Logitech would have bought them to merge their technology with logitechs. They already have the same if not better tech. If anything they bought them to eliminate that small part of their competition or to leverage their name in the sim consumer base

Wasn't Saitek the ones that Cloud Imperium Games were partnering with for the game branded HOTAS?
This is indeed a nice change, get them away from MadCatz before they go into production with those.

Wasn't Saitek the ones that Cloud Imperium Games were partnering with for the game branded HOTAS?
This is indeed a nice change, get them away from MadCatz before they go into production with those.

For sure, assuming that all carries over.

Worst thing madcatz did was replace the Saitek brand with madcatz on a lot of their "Saitek" devices which made it confusing as far as branding goes

I don't think Logitech would have bought them to merge their technology with logitechs. They already have the same if not better tech. If anything they bought them to eliminate that small part of their competition or to leverage their name in the sim consumer base
I was wondering about this as well. I always felt Logitech was just as good if not better too. Unless they are after some good patents I don't know why they would bother buying Saitek.

It's funny to see this happen, seeing as Logitech cut down their joystick lineup to one model that hasn't been updated in years. How long do you think they'll keep the Saitek brand? 1-2 years before merging it into the all-encompassing Logitech Gaming brand?

No kidding. Maybe they will finally integrate it into modern versions of LGS. They managed to update the box to use their new logo and color scheme but cant spare the intern for a few days to port the configuration screens.

I still have the x52. I lost one of the suction cups on the bottom and emailed them to see if I can buy replacements a few months ago. They sent me a whole bag of them for free!

I still have the x52. I lost one of the suction cups on the bottom and emailed them to see if I can buy replacements a few months ago. They sent me a whole bag of them for free!
My X52 is starting to show its age, Dont know what its called, but the yaw axis is overactive and "moves" when sitting still, but I can set the deadzone to keep it from being a problem in games.

Thank fuck. Both brands are in desperate need of refresh.

Logitech sucked outside of anything mice or keyboard related which they dominated. They obviously didn't have the #1 spot here, but won over OEM's and a lot of the enthusiast market. Their joysticks, gamepads, and wheels have been lacking for some time now.

Saitek sucked outside of anything sim related which they did so well...and even MadCatz shit QC was starting to creep there.

Logitech, bring in your QC into the Saitek line and their IP's and we should have a winner.

Back