Live TV / DVR-MS Issue

xvioz

Weaksauce
For reference, specs are in the signature.

Basically, when I watch Live TV it'll work for a couple minutes and then the video/audio will stutter like crazy. If I hit the replay button the video that previously stuttered will play fine and after a couple minutes of watching it'll start stuttering again - this at least tells me that the signal is fine.

When it comes to recorded shows, they too will playback for a couple minutes but rather than stutter the just pause on a frame and I get no audio/video unless I hit the replay button in the remote or the skip button on the remote. Even after doing that a couple minutes will go by and it'll pause again.

To make sure the signal was fine, I converted a couple shows from DVR-MS to MPG and they played back just fine.

So far I've tried switching decoders (PureVideo, Cyberlink's, etc.) and individually setting each as the preferred decoder using Microsoft's little application (Deccheck.exe). I've uninstalled the drivers for the HVR-1600 and reinstalled them (tried the ones that came in the box as well as the latest versions), updated video drivers, taken the HVR-1600 out and put in back in, tried a different PCI slot, all that good stuff and it still hasn't fixed the problem - very weird.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Back