LIVE Nvidia press conference from CES now

actually, I don't think it would work with eyefinity unless you were running crossfire (possibly in a 3 card configuration) and the dirvers officially support it.

the reason being that the iz3d monitors, since they're polarized, require two DVI connections to each display (one for the left eye and one for the right eye). That was the biggest turnoff for me when I was looking to purchase one. To run dual monitors, you needed a second video card. :\

So unless you had at least 2 (possibly 3) video cards and the drivers knew what you were trying to do, I honestly don't think it would work.

I'm talking about the software. It works with the Nvidia 3D glasses even and can be used on other screens then IZ3D's screen.

I'm talking about the software. It works with the Nvidia 3D glasses even and can be used on other screens then IZ3D's screen.

oh, I assumed that you were refering to the iZ3D monitors :eek:

you are correct :) it should work fine. Can you use a 60hz monitor with iz3d's drivers? That would be nice for folks who want to play around with it, without having to downsize their exisiting monitors.

oh, I assumed that you were refering to the iZ3D monitors :eek:

you are correct :) it should work fine. Can you use a 60hz monitor with iz3d's drivers? That would be nice for folks who want to play around with it, without having to downsize their exisiting monitors.

I've only tried it with 60hz monitor. There's a free 30-days download of the whole software and free use if you use the Anaglyph mode (red/cyan glasses). It supported other types of colored glasses too.

3D is nice and I'm glad that Nvidia has worked to support it for so many years. There are several alternatives to 3d vision though. Personally, 3D in games gives me a headacke and I find it too noisy to enjoy it once I've past the "fun part". Still, I'm glad it evolves and I have hopes it will become usable for me in the future.

The new shutter glasses from Bitcauldron is supposed to take away some of the issues of todays shutterglasses, so I look forward to see how they work:
http://www.bitcauldron.com/

I want to know pricing. Specifically pricing for GF100 and GF104. If in fact GF100 is a single GPU solution and 104 is dual GPU ala gx2 or co op. Then I would imagine the gx2 style card will be 2 gf100's downclocked slightly for power/heat issues. My guess is gx2 style card $600 ish and gf100 single gpu style 400ish? I don;t know just taking guesses as to what they have done in the past. We'll see.

If nVIDIA releases superior performing parts they can charge whatever the hell they want for them. If the past is any indicator, you will see the GTX "360" for around $450-500, the GTX "380" for $650, and the GTX "395" for about $849-899.

Back