Little Rock Arkansas LAN Party:

Brules

Gawd
I am looking for local gamers in Little Rock, AR who might be interested in starting up a LAN party! Please reply below if you are local and interested. If you know a gamer in Little Rock or surrounding areas, please pass this along!!!!!

In planning stages so far, but I have previously founded and ran www.okgg.org Lan Party so I know how to get this party started!

I'm near Little Rock, definitely interested in the LAN scene. Had a friend in Conway who used to throw the best LAN parties, but he has moved to Florida a few years ago.

Miss those LAN's, how many people are we talking about here?

Would like to aim for 10 for first one.....I would like to go for monthly LAN's.....place i am looking at has room for 50 "people", not sure how many PC's that would translate to. I will get a facebook group going and see if we can drum up some interest.

I got some friends who wouldn't mind coming up around the way. I informed them of this, between us, that makes 4 people, including you.

So the new LAN group is going to be argg?

If I had any time to play games anymore I'd definitely be interested since I'm between Conway and Vilonia. But that's just not in the cards for me.

Haha yeah I havent decided lol - ARGG works well, but sounds a little too Piratey lol.

LRLP - Little Rock Lan PArty
CAG - Central Arkansas Gamers

I have messaged several of the guy who are listed as admins on the old CAL Facebook group - and the founder Casey - no replies yet. I posted on the groups wall as well.

My boy Evan has a group set up, Noobgrinder, look for it on Facebook, he was the guy who threw lan parties in Conway back in the day, we had about 20-25 people there.

Now he's taken his talents to South Beach (literally), and hosts LAN parties out there for 35-40 people once or twice a month.

I may have a location - I need to get a facebook group/community going. Also trying to get a LAN rig built.
Location would be free, but they only have wireless network access though, So I need to scout it out and see if a wireless router/bridge hooked up to a gig switch would be sufficient to allow gaming. I need to talk to the director of the bldg and maybe their IT people....

I am thinking I will aim for a JAN 2012 kick off.......

That sounds wonderful, once you get your facebook page for the event going and set a date, i will alert my friends, between me and friends, you'd likely have 4 people already, plus you, that's 5, let's try to aim for 10-20 people

Yeah and I met a guy at best buy the other day who was interested as well....so I think a solid 10 for first one would be easy. Location is the library in west little rock. It is FREE, has room for 20+, bathrooms, plenty of power, tables and chairs. They have wireless net as well. I am going to go by and check it out and see if there are any hard connections in there still.

Only other issue is what times it is available. Standard hours on Saturdays is 9-6pm, but with a security deposit I believe I can get it till 9-10pm at night. Will know more this or next week on the hours and net access. Worst case I get a wireless bridge and do dhcp on a gig switch.....should work!

wtf, an all night LAN would be awesome.

I know Cisco networking, and I have 2 other IT friends, so we can get us set up and wired if necessary. I also have a Cisco switch we can use.

Nothing but the best.

Group is set up on Facebook:

Little Rock Lan Party

Join up and start spreading the word. I talked to the CALS Library IT ppl and the wired connection is a portion of a 6mb T1, so via a bridge into a 10/100 switch it should work well.

I am buying a 48 port 10/100 tonight off of a guy on Craigslist.

I will pick up a wireless bridge and then start looking into power distribution. Will need 10-20 power strips and extension cords. Also going to look into buy 10-20 cat 6 cables.

I need to talk to the library director and get a definate word on the times I can have the room on saturdays.

Ultimately I would like to find a new location at some point that would allow much later hours and have a good connection, but finding something like that usually requires someone knowing someone so I am hoping to get it rolling and then polling people for new/better location.

Windstream is building a new NOC/Data center over at Chenal and Kanis - THAT would be the place to have it!!!!

WANTED: Gamer who works for Windstream! :)

We could hold a summit somewhere, eat, and discuss the plans.

I think a New Years weekend LAN party would kick ass, seeing as the holiday falls on a weekend and I have Jan 2nd off from work, so plenty of recovery time.

I heard there is another LAN putting together something big for january, so if it happens I would move this first event to February probably.....should be able to recruit some people at the big lan!

That works too Brules, especially since we can incorporate the LAN into a Super Bowl event!!!

Sounds like the perfect storm right there, Super bowl + LAN party.

What games do you plan on playing? I'm hoping we could get some awesome TF2 or CS Source action going. I also play a lot of League of Legends.

Last edited:
Picked up a 48 port switch, have my eye on a DDWRT'd router on Ebay......slowly collecting stuff! CALAN is supposedly planning a FEB Lan, so I am trying to plan around it.

Dude, just let me know the dates, so I can ask for time off from work if they are gonna be held on a Friday Night, and I need a new monitor, other than that, I'm good to go. If you need any help, I can program the Cisco switch if necessary.

I have CCNA-level knowledge.

If you guys want money to fund some drinks and food and whatnot, I can throw some of that in as well. I want to see this event be a kick ass one.

Consider a roster of games.

We just had a LAN for the BF3 release and it was about 15-20 people. My buddy has a store in Russellville, AR. Never been to one in LR, but have been to Fort Smith, Fayettville, Springdale, Hot Springs, and a few others. If you need any help with anything, pm me, and I may be able to help.

I'm interested as well. I saw your post on ArkansasLAN.com. I am an admin there.

I miss my LANs. I would definitely attend one in LR along with several friends.

What games are we talking about tf2, css, cod, etc?

I may have some resources left over from all of our LANs at the Hot Springs Convention center as far as sponsor type stuff little door prizes and trinkets and the like.

Last edited:
Meh, I don't really care about prizes, just need a money pool that I can contribute to for food and drink or it can be a BYOB thing?

I will need to join that ArkansasLAN forum and post up on there. There have been 3 different websites mentioned here.

Which one is gonna be the central one for discussion?

I'd be down to play TF2, CS Source, CoD4, SC2, and League of Legends.

ArkansasLAN hasn't had an event in 2 years. They more than doubled the price on the Hot Springs Convention Center rooms we would normally use (breaking a long standing verbal agreement we had with them). It was no longer feasible to have the LAN there and we were unable to find another location.

So essentially we are dead.

I'm just offering to chip in whatever. I have experience doing this and would love to at least attend another regular LAN, if not help.

Awesome, thanks guys.

Games would be whatever people want to play. I am open to just about anything I have installed.

I will be putting up a deposit so we can have food and drinks.

The library location is perfect with the exception of having ot be out by like 9:30 due to alarm arming. But I figure it will be good to get an event going and I can always continue to look for a new location.

Plan so far is:

- 10am'ish to 9-9:30pm
- $10 to help recover cost for equip (switch/router/cables/power cords/power strips) once costs are paid back next step would be getting a true gig switch, then take parts donations and maybe put together a file server
- Games: Anything pretty much
- Lans will be regular and low key - goal is to establish a regular LAN scene, connect gamers and local IT minded people

Start up needs:
- Switch (48 port 10/100 with 1000 uplinks purchased)
- Router with DDWRT (will be buying one off ebay soon)
- 20-25 25' CAT5 cables
- 20-25 Power strips
- 4-5 extension cords
- Totes to store gear (Have totes already in my shed)

The library has unsecured Wifi that is part of a 6mb T1. I have their IT staffs approval to run a wireless bridge & DHCP behind it.

My plan is to secure a DDWRT Bridge/Router that can grab the Wifi signal, and share out the net connection via the 48 port switch. That way we would all be on the switch, gig uplink to the router/bridge. I am 99% sure this will work lol.....since the wifi broadcast is very strong there should be 0 latency issues.

The more I think on it, the more I may try to get a Jan event going to to get the bugs out.....hopefully I can get everything together by then!

Facebook Group is: LITTLE ROCK LAN PARTY

Sounds good to me, I will join the LR LP FB page (god damn abbreviations) when I get home and spread the word, I can nearly guarantee we will get a good turnout, we need a solid date, a Saturday would be greatly preferred since I have weekends off, but I CAN request for a Friday off.

If it's at a library, what about food and stuffs?

I am planing on 2nd Saturday of each month, food and drink is ok as I will put a deposit down for 1) us to stay late 2) have food and drink.

Just don't spill anything. :)

Doing 2nd Saturdays as I shoot pistol competition on 3rd saturdays...

Works for me, brother. I'm gonna drum up some interest in my friends in committing ourselves to this great endeavor. We will put CA LAN on the map.

Sorry got busy over the holidays. I am still looking for a decent location. The library thing is a bust as you have to be out by 5:30pm on Saturdays.....

Still looking though....there is 4H center west of Little Rock that may be cheap enough, I will go by there and see if it is possible. Free would be best, anyone know of any meeting room spaces in LR that are free, will hold 20 ppl and has decent net access?

The Library is still possible, but having to close up at 5:30 is bummer........

How many people would actually attend? If we can get a headcount of what to expect, it would be easier to find a decent location.

I am 27 miles from Little Rock

10-20 I would guess. 20 being high.

I found a game center here in Little Rock called "Game Ever" that is off of Bowman and Markham, but they are set up hard core for Xbox/PS3 with no real extra room for PCs. :( Their event room is set up for ping pong unless they have a birthday party. Would be a perfect place, I may talk top the owner, but the dude at the counter said they don't have net access, the machines are connected internally.

Hello, been reading through this thread. I'm new to this forum and new to Arkansas. Currently stationed at Little Rock AFB. I was wondering what was the status on the LAN party currently being setup here? Are they happening? I'm an extreme gamer who's been looking for some gaming friends to hangout with, I saw what was being made here and thought it the perfect opportunity to meet some new people :)

Still searching for a location unfortunately.

I had my eye on a local place in West LR called Game Ever - it is a console (all xbox 260's) aracade with a large party room that would have been perfect. The issue though is they are out of power for all the PC's as they have like 30-40 Xbox's plugged in and his breakers are maxed out.

So still slowly searching for a place. There is a game center in Conway I hear that may be viable.....hope to get up there soon to check it out.

Open to ideas for a cheap (free or will take $10 a head) with decent internet and good hours......

The local library by me has the space, but their hours SUCK......9am to 6pm.......but it is free and their internet (wireless) is pretty beast (frac T1).

Thinking of possibly doing this at the local library (free with nice pipe) even though the hours are only till 6pm or so.......any thoughts on that? Does anyone think the early start/end time would be too much to overcome?

I don't have a problem with an earlier start to the LAN. I'm used to early hours because of my job so I'm totally game for it.

The library has unsecured Wifi that is part of a 6mb T1. I have their IT staffs approval to run a wireless bridge & DHCP behind it.

My plan is to secure a DDWRT Bridge/Router that can grab the Wifi signal, and share out the net connection via the 48 port switch. That way we would all be on the switch, gig uplink to the router/bridge. I am 99% sure this will work lol.....since the wifi broadcast is very strong there should be 0 latency issues.

1. What is a 6mb T1?

2. Why have a gig link to a wireless bridge?

Hey, have you heard of Game Zone Alpha in Jacksonville / Sherwood area? Even though I've been their once since I first got here in February, the place (size-wise) seems pretty legitimate. For gamers, it's more of a board game place (Warhammer 40k and Magic tournies) But the place is well big enough to support a LAN party. I couldn't tell you about its broadband capabilities though, but like I said, it could hold some promise.

Here is there website:
http://www.gamezonealpha.com/

Hey, have you heard of Game Zone Alpha in Jacksonville / Sherwood area? Even though I've been their once since I first got here in February, the place (size-wise) seems pretty legitimate. For gamers, it's more of a board game place (Warhammer 40k and Magic tournies) But the place is well big enough to support a LAN party. I couldn't tell you about its broadband capabilities though, but like I said, it could hold some promise.

Here is there website:
http://www.gamezonealpha.com/

small world. I am in Sherwood right now.

I have 4-5 24 port gigabit switches to donate if the OP needs any. I gave a couple away to the ArkansasLan (I think it was them) party a couple years ago. I scavenged them when we upgraded at work and would be doing me a favor getting rid of them. Fans are loud.. but I usually rip them out anyways.

I also have more cat5 than I know what to do with.

I'm game for anything in this area so keep me in the loop.

edit: didn't realize this thread was necro'd. lol (offer still stands though)

Back