Little Mobo / GPU help needed

PTRMAN

Limp Gawd
Trying to figure out why I'm having a lot of microstutter on Titanfall 2 with 1080s in SLI. AFAIK there isn't yet any SLI support for this game. But looking at GPU-Z and CPU-Z I see the following:

GPU-Z.JPG

Are the two cards running at 16X or at 8X?
And why does CPU-Z show 8X?

Asus website says "the two armored PCI-Express 16x slots support SLI and CrossFire dual-GPU (in 8x8x configuration)". Does this mean I'm only getting 8X?

Can anybody help me out? Did I buy the wrong mobo?

[PS - Sorry if the insert looks weird. Photobucket now wants $ to store pics and the [H] uploader doesn't like my pic.]

That cpu only has 16 pcie lanes from the cpu for video cards and with sli it's cutting those 16 lanes into two so your getting 8x on both of your cards. Gpuz is showing each card in a 16x slot running @ 8x... you have more lanes available but there coming from the chipset...

all that aside there is no way that is causing your stuttering, you are by far not the only person with a kaby lake cpu running 2 of the 1080's. This could be coming from anything and my guess is that it is just that game. Play with the setting a bit.

When I built my current pc a game I played was acting very weird stuttering and jumping all over the place, and all my problems with that game went away when I turned a setting called hboa+ ambient occlusion...

Thanks. The cards are in the two metal-supported pcie slots, so I can't really move them. I was just freaking out trying to figure out what the issue is and hit on this.

Back