litecoinx coming today?

Thanks for the heads up -- X11 is my new fave due to the power/heat savings. (Very useful here in Texas where it's going to be 100F+ this summer)

LTC is where I hold most of my worth, would be nice if LTCX takes off some too.

I noticed on the main page it says 0.5% premine, but in one of the first pools I was looking into it said 0.9% premine. Odd?

They started out with a premine then said no premine now back to premine. 42000 coins on a 15 coin per block reward. I think this coin is DOA.

yeah been doing some reading the past 20 min.

42K premine is a bit much. had it been 4200, it would be nice.

I'll give it a shot -- only because I've never been mining a coin from the moment of release. Luckily I'm off today and it only takes me 30 min or so to change over all 5 of my rigs with my batch file setup.

If it craps out -- well I'm only out 2 dollars worth of electricity per day.

Well I'm just gonna rent my rigs out and say screw it. We need to have threads in here giving people heads up on new coins.

the more I'm reading the sketchier this one seems.

Well I'm just gonna rent my rigs out and say screw it. We need to have threads in here giving people heads up on new coins.

the more I'm reading the sketchier this one seems.

I agree with some form of coin announcement threads. I just wanted to warn you on this one as I came across it yesterday and was already to mine but then these last minute changes has put a put me off at this point.

They also changed the first 200 blocks to a reward of only 1 LTCX.

Thats a good thing, it prevents it from being mined too fast before difficultly adjusts.

The premine however while only 0.05% seems very high in actual coin amounts.

I'm going to switch my rigs to this tonight. I'm more of a hold for the long term kind of guy.

Thats a good thing, it prevents it from being mined too fast before difficultly adjusts.

The premine however while only 0.05% seems very high in actual coin amounts.

My biggest problem with the pre-mine was their explanation. It's pretty much flat out because we want to make a bunch of money.

They could have said it would be used for bounties and coin marketing / support. The devs are clearly not in this to make a decent coin. They just want to make a quick buck.

IMO, it's already dead before it starts... They called it "Litecoinx" as if it's supposed to be some sort of "better" LTC or something. It's the cheap Chinese knockoff of an original Apple iPhone or something.

But, at least they're honest about wanting to make a bunch of money. And they will probably get it too because for some reason every new X11 coin has been pumped and dumped for no reason at all (and no, there are no merits to any of these coins that make them deserve to be pumped like they have been). Sad.

My biggest problem with the pre-mine was their explanation. It's pretty much flat out because we want to make a bunch of money.

They could have said it would be used for bounties and coin marketing / support. The devs are clearly not in this to make a decent coin. They just want to make a quick buck.

I agree. The devs are looking to make a quick buck. I'm not sure it'll catch on but since it's X11, it's not going to suck up as much power as scrypt.

The name of this alone does not give me any confidence. I'll give it a try though.

Hmmm... it might be too soon to form a complete conclusion about this coin, but for now I think I will just take a wait and see attitude just judging from the price and how it's normalizing.

I'm throwing about 24Mhash worth of X11 towards this.... as of this morning I had something like 4 coins. (started mining on it as soon as it was released)

Could be a huge flop, but we've seen stranger things happen. I won't ever be a millionaire or anything, but it's fun to try new things in the coin world. On the slim chance it goes up a ton in value... I might make some extra cash.

X11 runs nice and cool, and my electric bill doesn't get uber-raped, if I mine for a week or two that's something like 20 dollars worth of electricity.

Not really related -- but just imagine going back in time a few years, when BTC came out. Even with a simple CPU or single GPU miner, when you were able to mint ten's or hundreds of coins per day. Imagine having perfect knowledge back then being able to say "I make $100,000 a day with this simple computer"

I'm throwing about 24Mhash worth of X11 towards this.... as of this morning I had something like 4 coins. (started mining on it as soon as it was released)

Could be a huge flop, but we've seen stranger things happen. I won't ever be a millionaire or anything, but it's fun to try new things in the coin world. On the slim chance it goes up a ton in value... I might make some extra cash.

X11 runs nice and cool, and my electric bill doesn't get uber-raped, if I mine for a week or two that's something like 20 dollars worth of electricity.

Not really related -- but just imagine going back in time a few years, when BTC came out. Even with a simple CPU or single GPU miner, when you were able to mint ten's or hundreds of coins per day. Imagine having perfect knowledge back then being able to say "I make $100,000 a day with this simple computer"

If we'd only knew what we knew today. I have almost 3 coins this morning. This was trading up at 0.01 btc yesterday and now it's at 0.0026

I think it's too early to pass judgement on this coin yet. Grab a few and save it for the future.

Back